At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Mumbai we are looking for a
Sr. Coordinator - TD (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Main Objectives of this position:
Responsible for the timely and cost efficient transport of containers by rail, truck, barge and feeder vessel to/from locations within the area of operation.
Function and duties:
- Guides, coaches and supports the Transport Dispatch department.
- Monitors and measures workload of staff to ensure best process is in place.
- Communicates new requirements, processes and procedures to team.
- Makes certain that all departmental and functional training requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensures consistent application of Hapag-Lloyd policies to all personnel actions.
- Produces fast and accurate documentation/delivery instructions.
- Coordinates moves in the most cost effective manner possible.
- Traces cargo to final destination to ensure prompt delivery.
- Monitors trucker and equipment accessibility to determine the availability of one-way transports for cost saving opportunities.
- Clarifies invoice and work order discrepancies, correcting when needed.
- Evaluates carrier’s performance and issue service exceptions when needed.
- Prepare templates, statistics and analysis for the Area, department and supervisor as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with company’s subcontractors.
- Accountable for problem resolution with customers, vendors, and other offices within the company.
- Cooperation with other departments in the company to assure for smooth, goal- and task oriented activities.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Leadership skills, ability to motivate people.
- Comprehensive experience in the liner shipping business including container logistics and haulage.
- Established contacts with terminal operators, depot operators, truckers and rail operators will be advantage.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, resourceful and responsive. Proactive and initiative attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities for the team, organize work and implement action items.
- Ability to work under pressure (meeting deadlines), handle details and resolve problems.
- University degree (Shipping, Maritime Organization of Seaborne Trade, Foreign Trade, Logistics or similar).
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PPT).
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: 022 – 6821 0507
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org