From Hamburg to Sydney, from Durban to Rio de Janeiro: as one of the world's leading liner shipping companies, each year we ship millions of containers from and to all regions of the world. "Number one for quality" is our promise to our customers and an attribute with which we want to distinguish ourselves clearly from our competitors. Join us on this journey. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will soon say: Welcome on board!
What is the fastest way to route a shipment of pharmaceuticals from Daegu, Korea to Kumasi, Ghana?
How to price alternative routes so to minimize opportunity costs in a world characterized by global trade imbalances?
How will the cherry season in Chile impact transit times in the Pacific Ocean?
In the exciting environment of global trade, questions like these shape our business. The Business Intelligence & Analytics team designs and builds analytics solutions to provide insightful answers to our colleagues worldwide. We work in small, cross-functional project teams jointly with specialists across Revenue Management, Network, and Fleet Management. You share an office with a diverse team of likeminded Data Scientists, Data Artists and colleagues with in-depth knowledge about our business.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a
Business Analyst (m/f/d) Shipment Routing EngineResponsibilities and Tasks:
- As part of our team, you will break new grounds in shaping the shipment routing engine of Hapag-Lloyd, i.e. how we optimally move twelve million containers per year from port to port and door to door
- You drive analytics projects related to shipment routing from start to end together with experts from business and IT: discover the use case, gather the data, develop the analytics solution, scale it to our global business on our Data Lake platform, and tell our colleagues around the world about it
- Jointly with other business analysts, you will be an important sparring partner for your stakeholders across the whole company and interact with them regularly to help them take decisions, support them in gathering insights from data and improve their processes
- You will promote the shipment routing engine across the company by continuously supporting colleagues in case of ad-hoc questions, conduct interactive training sessions about new features, and conduct regular refresher sessions and visionary ideation workshops
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excited about applying your passion for analytics to the world of global logistics and sharing it with our colleagues around the world
- Motivated for the holistic analysis and modeling of complex systems which are strongly interrelated with numerous operative, tactical, and strategic business processes
- Degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, economics or related
- Professional experience in discussing analytics with stakeholders from the business
- Ability to summarize and communicate the results of your analyses convincingly
- Comfortable with working in international and interdisciplinary project teams
- Experienced with common analytics programming languages such as Python, R or Scala
- Familiarity with cloud-based big data infrastructure and analytics tools and services such as AWS, Azure, Spark, Hadoop, etc. is a plus
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Kristin Peters
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 - 30012647