At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Customer Service Director Area North/ QSC North (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsibilities and Tasks:
We can offer you a positon in a newly established diversified Hapag-Lloyd Area North covering for 10 countries with a mixture of own offices and agencies. Area’s main office has recently been moved to new modern premises at Alchemia in Gdańsk, hosting other international companies and providing an agile international environment, which fits well to the Hapag-Lloyd strategy.
We are looking forward to your application and for you to joining our Team!
Your role would be to deliver the highest level of Customer Service quality to our customers in Area North by ensuring that strategic initiatives and daily tasks are completed in an efficient and professional manner in line with the company guidelines to support high level of customer satisfaction.
Consciously establish a culture that encourages customer focus, individual development, efficiency, collaboration, process improvements to create the value for Customers as well as for Hapag-Lloyd. Drive performance within the team by exceeding Quality promises and KPI deliverables.
Uphold and ensure that all Hapag-Lloyd policies and procedures are followed and maintained. Adhere to the Commercial Blueprint within the team.
Your Main Tasks
- Manage, steer and support the Area / QSC Customer Service teams
- Create a “Customer Service Culture” delivering quality service and improved customers satisfaction
- Review customer survey results and implement measures to improve customer satisfaction
- Works collaboratively with the all Area locations & offices to anticipate and understand customer expectations and satisfaction levels and translate that knowledge into process improvements /changes in order to improve effectiveness
- Communicate new requirements, process and procedures to the staff
- Takes action on an ongoing basis to identify deviations from standards and initiates actions to address the same
- Create and maintain an open communication channel within Department, Area / QSC and Region
- Support Managers with problem solving, providing guidelines about departmental and personnel related issues
- Provide leadership through coaching, developing, monitoring and integrating the day to day efforts of the Managers and the Subordinates, conduct regular performance reviews
- Review the workload among the team to ensure effectiveness of delivery
- Promote the application of HL standards and ensure the documentation of local manuals and guidelines, where applicable
- Ensure all departmental and functional training requirements are recorded and fulfilled
- Participate and support the global/regional projects related to Customer Service
- Assist in the rollout and drive the usage of new and existing product offerings by HL
- Participate in cross-functional Area meetings, discussing solutions for daily problems involving other teams
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading commercial teams, preferably in the maritime industry
- University degree
- Strong leadership and conflict-solving skills
- Ability to organize and review data with accuracy, identify the root cause of complex issues, develop ideas and determine business changes resulting in stronger business results
- Attention to detail, systematic and efficient way of working
- Advanced negotiation and presentation skills as well as the ability to make (independent) decisions
- Demonstrated strong listening, verbal and written communication skills, ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Very good knowledge of the HL processes
- Sound knowledge of user application systems (FIS, Qlick View, Case Management, MS Office)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 3291750
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com