At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dubai we are looking for a
Regional Coordination Center Manager (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Overall Job Purpose
Part of the Experts job category. Manager with thorough specific knowledge. Reports to Level 5a Senior RCC Manager
- Coordinate with partners and slot co-loader on day to day vessel schedule and ensure that VSA/JWP followed by all parties
- Ensure Vessel sails timely or close to advertised long-term schedule
- Trigger and Execute recovery measures pre-planned by NetOps as per VSA/JWP
- Manage and engage in multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Gain in depth overview of network planning and long-term deployments decisions with mainliners.
Job Specification - Key Accountabilities
Resolves occasionally complex and variable issues, recommends and implements course of action. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization. Assists with the development of new procedures and opportunities to meet specific needs and targets. With exceptions within HQ tasks include management of small to mid-sized team(s) of professionals within day-to-day business. Provides staff with guidance, assistance and instruction, can help management to ensure proper staffing.
- Single point of contact with partners for day-to-day operational matters.
- Providing information to partners about HL operated vessel schedules and recovery measures and Vice Versa for the services not handled by Marine Ops Senior Managers.
- Coordinate with Marine Ops managers within RME to execute voyage recovery measure as per NetOps Play book and VSA/JWP
- Working out and executing recovery measures within RME to reduce delays, whether those delays built up in RME or in previous Regions, with the goal of handing all vessels over to the following Region, on time.
- Decisions based on quantified figures and best estimates in a standard format.
- Responsible for gaining input from other relevant Regions, TMs and NetOps in order to assemble proposed recovery measures.
- Mitigate and resolve conflicts with mainliners within the frame agreement of JWP.
- Learn the dynamic of African ports operations.
- Develop skill in negotiation and relationship building will have a large exposure to external partner and strategic customer building relation and connection with key decision maker.
- Able to extract required information from different stakeholders and to critically review quality of inputs.
- Persuasive, able to achieve results from others through influence where no direct reporting lines exist.
- Comfortably handling database primarily (Excel - BI tools) and high attention to details.
- Translate the corporate strategy into a clear roadmap for the individual area offices within the region.
- Ensure maintenance of departmental standards for Operations striving for consistent improvement and adherence to set key performance indicators.
- Coach and develop staff, conducting regular performance reviews in line with company policy and management requirements.
- Jobholder should expect to carry out his duties even beyond the Office working hours.
- To ensure the business continuity, Weekends/Holidays duties will be assigned to Jobholder based on the business needs and workload management.
- When required and based on management decision, Jobholder should expect travelling within/out of the region to meet with Partners / Head quarter meetings.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree in Maritime Transport / Shipping
- 8 or more years of total experience in shipping operation with 3-4 years preferably in ship planning/ port operation / sailing
- 1 year experience in voyage control or partner management and or Network
- Knowledge of the shipping industry
- Knowledge of Container terminal Operation
- Knowledge of vessel Operation
- Knowledge of vessel sharing agreement
- Basic Microsoft ICDL
- Good networking and relation building capability is essential.
- High level of independent drive, result oriented and has very strong analytical skills.
- Able to thrive in a fluid and challenging environment, able to make qualified decisions under time pressures or lack of complete information.
- Cross Function communication.
- Communication skill – Fluent in English is a must in writing and verbal
- Good computer skills especially shipping systems, Spread sheet and office packages is essential
- Analytical and logical skill is essential
- Good problem solving skill with diplomatic approach is essential
Communication and working Relations
- Direct reports: Director Marine Ops
- Working relationships: Marine Ops Managers, TM, Network Operation, TM Slot Control, Cargo Control, Equipment Management, D.G, Transshipment team, PTO, PSI, schedule team.
- VSA Partners.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Manju Ann Varghese
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org