Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as a company internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our company’s vision of being the number one for quality in our industry.
An important part of this vision are reliable IT systems to ensure seamless and efficient operation and support of our business. Continuous improvement and modernization of our IT systems is just as natural for us as ongoing maintenance.
For this exciting journey, we are hiring highly skilled & motivated colleagues who would like to be part of this endeavor and join the new “Application Infrastructure Support” team in the role of IT System Engineer to keep our systems up and running and to advance modernization as part of our IT strategy.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Team Lead Application Infrastructure Support - Knowledge CenterResponsibilities and Tasks:
Your daily tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Leading the team Application Infrastucture Support- 4 people
- Working closely with experienced engineers in your team and tight cooperation with IT-colleagues in Hamburg as well as our operations provider and software vendors
- Support project teams with consulting, design, setup, provisioning and handover to production of systems for new IT products.
- Ensure operational stability and resilience of our Linux and Windows based systems and software components during the whole life cycle including change management, capacity management …
- Design and integrate monitoring solutions in collaboration with product teams and operations teams.
- Planning, coordination, implementation and testing in case of major updates (OS and software) in cooperation with project teams, providers and vendors.
- Continuous improvement of the status quo e.g. due to optimize provisioning of infrastructure and software by improvement of automation capabilities. This includes setting up new infrastructure as code and transform existing legacy infrastructure into infrastructure as code (where meaningful).
- Support project teams with troubleshooting in our system landscape in case of incidents and problems during normal office hours – no 24/7.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Basic skills you need to apply:
- Very good knowledge in setup of reliable and enterprise ready infrastructures and middle ware software e.g. Data Bases, Messaging-Tools, Application Servers, HTTP Server and other 3rd party software
- Familiar with CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment)
- Willing to collaborate with operations providers and software vendors
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skllls
The perfect candidate can also demonstrate:
- Experience in requirement analysis and design of high availability IT systems
- Experience in IT operations especial among the ITIL processes
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Agile mindset, experience in Kanban
- Polish language skills are welcome.
What we can offer to you
Are you eager to join a leading global logistics company to participate in digital transformation and change the maritime industry? Are you looking for a purposeful and meaningful job, delivering software that has real impact and value for our customers? If you have a passion and want to grow with us, join Hapag-Lloyd’s “in-house startup” Knowledge Center in Gdańsk! We are the IT center for the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world. Besides that, we can offer you:
- Attractive and market-oriented remuneration and annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Access to online learning platforms and trainings for continuous learning
- Structured annual performance review
- Fruit days
- Modern, ergonomic office, including height adjustable desks
- Bike storage, showers, lockers
- Private medical healthcare
- Sports package
- Group life insurance
- Flexible working hours and home office options
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Agnieszka Golebiewska
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk