Hapag-Lloyd is the number one quality carrier at the international container shipping market and manages a fleet of 240 modern vessels and 2.8 million TEU container capacity with 13,000+ employees worldwide. Our complex logistic transport processes are supported by our in-house developed Freight Information System, which is currently transformed to the next technology generation by numerous teams of analysts, designers and developers. The adventurous spirit of our long seafaring history drives our digital transformation.
On this journey, we are building up a fast-scaling IT team in the Knowledge Center located in Gdansk. Our mission is to support all the different IT teams in all infrastructure and technical topics related to their products. Join our team of experienced and highly motivated professionals in our new, modern Knowledge Center in Gdansk, and become and supporter for the IT team members at large and fast changing company like Hapag-Lloyd.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a IT support engineer (m/f/d) to strengthen our new, fast growing IT team at Hapag-Lloyd.
In your new role as an IT support engineer (m/f/d), you are responsible to provide a running environment and support the different IT teams and IT products in their technical and infrastructure challenges. Collaborate with the IT teams from Gdansk and Hamburg and with all our providers and vendors to have an excellent and reliable development environment. We want you to evolve your own ideas and bring them to life. Contribute to our IT products strategy and enjoy a high degree of self-efficacy.
IT Support Engineer (mid/senior) (m/f/d) - Knowledge CenterResponsibilities and Tasks:
- Coordination of User Support (2nd Level) for the GDN IT teams.
- Installation, configuration and continuous improvement of our development environment.
- Supporting rollout of new software components and development tools.
- Maintaining automatic software distribution process (e.g. create and update installation packages, prepare automation, maintain software-provisioning environment).
- Identification of initiatives required to improve relevant services – participation in the IT department continuous service improvement processes.
- Coordination and steering of external providers and software vendors.
- Creation and maintenance of internal IT documentation and the knowledge database (issues and solutions).
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong service orientation and communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience on similar position
- Knowledge and experience in the ITIL processes (at least ITIL Foundation certificate).
- Experience in setup and configuration of software on windows workstation (IDEs, WSL, Docker, div other 3rd party software).
- Good scripting skill to create and maintain automation for software provisioning.
- Experience in working with different operating systems (Windows, Unix (RedHat, Cent OS, …), OS X).
- Experience in the use of Jira (Incidents and Service request handling), Confluence (Documentation) or similar.
- Analytical and networked thinking, organizational talent and quality awareness.
- Ability to understand complex relationships.
- High motivation to continuously learn and develop his/her skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Fluency in English (oral and written).
Nice to have skills
- Experience in IT administration in an IT development department of a large company.
- Working experience in international logistics context
- Polish and German language skills are welcome
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Zuzanna Przewiezlikowska
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk