From Hamburg to Sydney, from Durban to Rio de Janeiro: As one of the world's leading liner shipping companies, each year we ship millions of containers from and to all regions of the world. With over 13,000 employees, Hapag-Lloyd is present around the globe in 130 countries. "Number one for quality" is our promise to our customers and an attribute with which we want to distinguish ourselves clearly from our competitors. Join us on this journey! We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will soon say: Welcome on board!
In our IT team in Hamburg over 250 experts design, develop and manage Hapag-Lloyd’s IT infrastructure, systems and applications. The digital heart of our business is the Freight Information System or short: FIS. It is the central system, which enables us to operate and succeed in global logistics with its worldwide network, time critical processes and country specific use cases.
Support us in extending and optimizing our best in class IT system as an IT System Engineer in the Cost & Contribution Steering team. Together we will be responsible for steering the company’s business decisions by evaluate its profitability and facilitate with appropriate web applications contribution based decisions.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a
IT System Engineer (m/f/d) Cost & Contribution SteeringResponsibilities and Tasks:
- As part of the agile product team, you are responsible for the success of the Contribution Steering product solutions.
- In close cooperation with stakeholders, business departments and the product owner, you will design new features and specify requirements for our applications
- In an interdisciplinary and international team, you will develop new and optimize existing solutions
- Together with the product owner you will align roll-outs, conduct user trainings and ensure the smooth operation of our systems
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree or a comparable education
- Strong analytical mindset, proactive and solution-oriented work style
- Profound experience in the development with Java EE and supplementing technologies like JPA, CDI and JUnit
- Experience with development tools like Eclipse, git, Maven and Jenkins
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills as well as intercultural competence
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Kristin Peters
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 - 30012647