Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. We are an international team of specialists working across the globe believing that together we can change the maritime industry. You might not know us yet, but as the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. Innovation, agility, teamwork, collaboration – does it sound familiar? For us, at Hapag-Lloyd Knowledge Center, it does. Let’s join us and shape a future together with more than 100 colleagues developing in seven IT project teams.
Join the team at Hapag-Lloyd’s “in-house startup” and help us navigate the future!
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Junior Data Engineer (m/f/x), Knowlegde CenterResponsibilities and Tasks:
Would you like to be a part of the vibrant IT development within logistics and liner - shipping?
Join our “Commercial BI” team in Gdańsk and be responsible for our most important company data. As part of the team you will make sure that all our commercial decisions are based upon reliable data and provide the best possible decision base for our business colleagues.
Responsibilities and tasks
You would be supporting our “commercial” data team and make sure that the data is in best shape and available for high performant analytics.
This position will include a 3-month learning period where you will learn about shipping, data engineering, data modelling and data transformation. After your learning period, you will continue with training on the job as part of your team.
- Analyse new data structures of our operational system and transform them into our data warehouse.
- Develop ETL Pipelines with Informatica
- Integrate data from multiple sources into our data warehouse or data lake
- Design data models that support business analytics in the best way
- Analyse business requirements for analytics
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Economy, Physics or similar fields. A Master’s degree is welcomed
- Basic knowledge in general business intelligence, data warehouse, data modelling and data structures
- Experience with relational databases (AWS stack and/or DB2/Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL/MS SQL)
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn.
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Agnieszka Golebiewska
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk