From Hamburg to Sydney, from Durban to Rio de Janeiro: as one of the world's leading liner shipping companies, each year we ship millions of containers from and to all regions of the world. "Number one for quality" is our promise to our customers and an attribute with which we want to distinguish ourselves clearly from our competitors. Join us on this journey. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will soon say: Welcome on board!
The Information Security Office, led by the CISO, is a new department with Hapag-Lloyd and with a direct board reporting line. The purpose of the Information Security Office is to develop and improve our corporate Information Security Management System (ISMS) and take care of compliance and security for our future digitalization and transformation strategy.
In your role, you will make a significant contribution to supporting the CISO organization that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information in our company can be guaranteed in the long term. This includes the operations of the ISMS processes as well as providing policies and controls to be identified and implemented.
The responsibilities of the team range from planning, implementing and controlling information security management processes, developing and expanding the global compliance frameworks to managing Service Providers, and also include in-house consulting for our management, Corporate IT, Fleet Management and our strategic compliance and risk management. Do you want to help shape the future direction of a now almost 175-year-old liner shipping company? We look forward to meeting you!
Located at our global Headquarters in Hamburg we are looking for a
Information Security Officer (m/f/d) - ISOResponsibilities and Tasks:
- Operate and further develop the security process for achieving the goals of information security
- Conduct regular reporting to the management on the status quo of information security
- Define and verify compliance with requirements for service provider management
- Support stakeholders in the implementation and evaluation of risk analyses, derive security measures and maintain the ISMS
- Review and update the information security requirements and the implementation of security measures
- Receive, prioritize and classify information on security events, incidents and threat situations as well as organize and control the implementation of necessary treatment measures
- Sensitize and train the members of the security (and wider) organization regarding their tasks and responsibilities for information security and an ISMS-compliant behavior in everyday work
- Closely align with other departments such as Risk Management, Data Privacy Office and Business Continuity Management concerning information security
- Support Information Security Coordinators, countries and regions for the implementation of security controls and ISMS interfaces and functions
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree, for example in economics, engineering, natural sciences or a comparable subject (or equivalent education)
- Demonstrated diverse experience in planning, implementing and operating information security management processes, developing and implementing global security controls and policies and building up a global security community ideally also as an Information Security Officer in a multinational company
- Professional security management certification or equivalent proven track record and references
- Knowledge of regulation and standards compliance, common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, BSI Grundschutzkompendium and NIST
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services
- Proven ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Solution oriented mindset and independent output-oriented work style with the ability to innovate and drive change in organizations towards clear results
- The ability to strategically plan and manage personnel, finances, and information
- Structured, creative way of thinking and very strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience in communicating with various audiences including top management
- Willingness to travel
- Due to regular intensive cooperation with colleagues outside of Germany, this position requires a very high level of English language skills - both in writing and orally
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mr Christian Kerschke
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg