The Hapag-Lloyd IT shapes and develops with more than 400 IT-experts in Hamburg and Gdansk global IT infrastructures and applications for one of the larges ocean carrier in the world. The Hapag-Lloyd "Freight Information System" represents the backbone of our digital shipping business and is the benchmark in our industry. The integration of internal and external systems as well as the processing and analysis of large amounts of data are further existential and strategic pillars of the Hapag-Lloyd IT.
Automation is an important key success factor in the provision of IT products today. This applies to both the development of applications and the provisioning of the infrastructure and basic services. In the area of Cloud-Hyperscalers in particular, we see a lot of potential here that we want to exploit profitably.
We, the Cloud Data Pattern Team in the department of BI & Data Analytics, develop reusable, standardized building blocks (patterns) for internal IT product teams.
By providing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) modules for the AWS Cloud, we support and speed up the development of numerous internal cloud-native applications. In addition to generic modules, our main focus is on the subject of "data" - .from collection, storage, transfer, transformation to visualization, we support the entire "data supply chain".
In the past 12 months we have laid the foundation stone and successfully validated our concept. Now we want to get even better at making our users successful on their way to the cloud.
We are looking for those who will lift our product to the next level with us together!
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a
IT Cloud Engineer (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Development & testing of Terraform based Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) modules
- Design & conception of reusable features based on AWS services & open source applications
- Support of the "data supply chain" for our hybrid cloud BI / analytics landscape
- Further development of our IaC module framework with a focus on automation & testing
- Introduction of a new Policy-as-Code framework for quality assurance of the modules
Requirements and Qualifications:
- You have experience (ideally several years) in the design & development of infrastructure architectures in the AWS cloud
- Very good knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code (ideally Terraform)
- Good knowledge of Linux & Shell Scripting as well as common developer tools such as Git
- Agile working with Scrum is not a foreign word for you.
- You are a team player and enjoy working in pair programming
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- You are already experienced with AWS in the areas of networks, containers, databases & storage
- You already worked with the following open source monitoring tools: Grafana, Prometheus, ELK Stack
- You are familiar with the terms DevOps and Continuous Integration / Delivery and ideally have already gained practical experience
- Experience in software development with Python (especially in use with server less architectures)
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Kristin Peters
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 - 30012647