At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Sales Execution Area North (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Resonsibilities and Tasks
We can offer you a positon in a newly established diversified Hapag-Lloyd Area North covering for 10 countries with a mixture of own offices and agencies. Area’s main office has recently been moved to new modern premises at Alchemia in Gdańsk, hosting other international companies and providing an agile international environment, which fits well to the Hapag-Lloyd strategy.
We are looking forward to your application and for you to joining our Team!
Your role will be to ensure the highest level of quality when interacting with our customers, be customeroriented and create value for customers as well as for Hapag-Lloyd.
Your main tasks will be:
- Evaluate customer potential and create strategy
- Continuously improve the customer portfolio by securing new accounts and optimizing portfolio
- Ensure regular updates of all activities in Salesforce
- Review customer performance with Sales Manager and define appropriate actions
- Where appropriate for their market serve as specialists for a segmented vertical
- Prepare and conduct visits, report and follow-up on visits
- Conclude contracts for customer portfolio (proposal, negotiation, closing)
- Record commitments (tender tracking/commercial)
- Optimize volume thru Push-Pull process with foreign sales offices
- Selectively engage in Trade Management discussions where relevant (e.g., tender guidance and negotiations, special commodity market rates, etc.)
- Provide feedback on the market including rates, competition activities, market conditions etc to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide clear info to Sales Coordination regarding pricing requirements to enable future communications with Trade Management
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Apprenticeship in Shipping or Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in the maritime industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Sales and/or Customer Service functions
- Advanced negotiation, decision-making and presentation skills, self-confident and friendly when dealing with others
- Demonstrated strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated, resourceful and responsive
- Demonstrated ability to be multi-task, set priorities, organize work and implement action items
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 329 17 50
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com