At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Agency Manager Area North (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
We can offer you a positon in a newly established diversified Hapag-Lloyd Area North covering for 10 countries with a mixture of own offices and agencies. Area’s main office has recently been moved to new modern premises at Alchemia in Gdańsk, hosting other international companies and providing an agile international environment, which fits well to the Hapag-Lloyd strategy.
We are looking forward to your application and for you to joining our Team!
Your role would be to manage, coordinate and support Agents’ activities in their representation of Hapag-Lloyd in local markets (Russia, Baltic States, Norway and Iceland). Hapag Lloyd has not its own office set up in mentioned countries, yet the markets are very important for us and require quick and proactive approach from the Agency Pricing Team.
Your main tasks will be:
- Point of entry for ENO Agents matters, participating in Agency related meetings
- Coordination of all ENO Agency matters across SA, CS, OP and BA, conduct regular joint meetings
- Coach and steer Agency Pricing team to achieve set targets as well as hands-on with regards to the daily pricing tasks
- Drive the identification of new opportunities by the team
- Performance management according to defined procesess and related KPI’s
- Good understanding of Hapag-Lloyd processes, manuals and guidelines
- Support Area Steering Manager and Area Sales Director with budgeting, planning and strategy
- Review/ preparation of customer planning forecasts in cooperation with Sales team
- Point of entry for inland pricing in coordination with area steering and area inland department
- Follow up on Quality promises and communicating new requirements
- Regular contacts with Trade Management as needed
- Assure global tender requirements are communicated and adhered to
OPERATIONS/ CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Handle abandoned cargo and claim matters
- Oversee planned EQU evacuation/repositioning ordered by ENO ED
- Work along with agencies in order to identify areas of improvement cost-wise
- Coordinate monitoring of vendor performance
- Regular interaction with Controlling & Finance team with regards agency settlements
- Assisting and serving as POE for reporting matters, especially Internal Control Checklist (ICCL) for monitoring of agents performance
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent (shipping/ logistics preferable)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a commercial role, preferably in the maritime sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced negotiation, decision-making, problem solving and presentation skills, self-confident and assertive
- Self-starter, self-motivated, resourceful and responsive being able to work under pressure
- Result driven team player with a proactive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to be multi-task, set priorities, organize work and implement action items
- Goal and deadline driven
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in English (Russian can be an advantage)
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 329 17 50
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com