At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dubai we are looking for a
Manager Marine Operations (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Overall Job Purpose
Part of the Experts job category. Manager with thorough specific knowledge. Reports to Level 5a Senior Manager Marine Operation
- Ensure Max. Cargo intake and optimum voyage planning taking vessel safety, crane split, port restrictions, and trim into account
- Follow SOLAS / ISM and all in house required while creating the plan
- Responsible for energy consumption for vessel managed
Job Specification - Key Accountabilities
Resolves occasionally complex and variable issues, recommends and implements course of action. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization. Assists with the development of new procedures and opportunities to meet specific needs and targets. With exceptions within HQ tasks include management of small to mid-sized team(s) of professionals within day-to-day business. Provides staff with guidance, assistance and instruction, can help management to ensure proper staffing.
- Translate the corporate strategy into a clear roadmap for the individual area offices within the region.
- Ensure maintenance of departmental standards for Operations striving for consistent improvement and adherence to set key performance indicators
- Coach and develop staff, conducting regular performance reviews in line with company policy and management requirements
- Create stowage plans according to established booking guidelines and forecasting procedures. COD´s and special cargo such as out-of-gauge, break –bulk must be pre-approved, and stowed as per Hapag-Lloyd guidelines. All necessary information must be exchanged on agreed intervals.
- Monitor the allocation of Lines and the vessel in close contacts thin product management and partners.
- Create and maintains coastal schedules for all ships operated by Hapag-Lloyd in the region. This includes the monitoring of canal transits, berth availability and equipment, so as to take necessary preventative /corrective measures.
- Coordinate vessel operations in ports though communicating with the ships masters for operation within the ports, including the updating of tank statement to ensure vessel stability can be monitored.
- Provide and advise the vessel with calculations for stability, trim, shear forces, torsion, bending moment, draft, and air draft.
- Communicate and coordinate with stevedores to order labor and make sure that the plan is followed for loading and unloading cargo to assure safety, reduce cost appropriately maximize stowage.
- Ensure that terminal follow the Stowage instruction and deploy the required cranes
- Review TDR and ensure that all information match the actual
- Share the BTL with TMSC
- Engage in projects when required
- Job-holder should expect to carry out his duties even beyond the Office working hours.
- To ensure the business continuity, Weekends/Holidays duties will be assigned to Job-holder based on the business needs and workload management.
- When required and based on management decision, Jobholder should expect travelling within/out of the region to meet with MTO’s, conducts performance review, implement coaching, sessions and workshops.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Maritime and Transport science. (Business Administration as an advantage)
- Merchant marine study with sailing on board container ships is a merit.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of the shipping industry
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of vessel stability
- Knowledge of Terminal Operation
- Knowledge of cargo claim and survey
- Basic Microsoft ICDL
- Knowledge of IMDG Code and international Maritime Law
- Drive for results – can be counted on to meet/exceed goals consistently, steadfastly pushing self and others for results
- Uses rigorous logic to solve difficult problems, looking beyond the obvious to probe for creative solutions
- Ability to organize people and activities to take advantage of synergies and integration and to achieve more with fewer resources
- Ability to marshal resources to get things done, orchestrating multiple activities at once to accomplish goals
- Cross Function communication
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Manju Ann Varghese
Tel No: 0097142041313
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com