At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Kuala Lumpur we are looking for a
Specialist, Regional Sales (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Main Objectives of this position:
To support the initiatives in meeting or exceeding the volume / revenue / contribution budgets and targets as defined by the Region through data analysis and presentation, and consciously establishes a culture that encourages customer focus, individual development, efficiency, collaboration, and creates an environment for process improvements.
Function and duties:
- Analyse and manage the regional and areas’ sales Performance, using the available tools / reports and derives / provides recommendations for improvement measures.
- Budget / forecast / trend volume planning and weekly volume forecast.
- Package preparation of area performance management calls.
- Preparation of presentations for meetings and areas‘ performance review.
- Data preparation and analysis on all Regional Sales‘ initiatives and projects, management’s calls / meetings and performance monitoring.
- Preparation of reports (ICCL, SSE/SCFI, rate development, PRIA, Unrated shipments, Quick quotes performance etc), daily announcements and customer letters.
- Implement and update RTAS tariff for changes in local charges, ensuring compliance to legal requirement.
- SSE & FMC handling.
- Handling and audit of named account mis-use.
- Review & coordination of equipment imbalance situation and status in Asia.
- Point of entry for Qlikview.
- Distribution of KAP scorecard.
- Maintenance of contract template.
- Bunker monitoring on tenders.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree and 5 years of experience in the maritime industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with Hapag-Lloyd systems such as FIS. Knowledge in CRM and QlikView is advantageous or will be trained accordingly.
- Good knowledge of the HL operational processes.
- Good communications skills.
- Assertive personality with a target-oriented, analytical approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a positive problem solving attitude while under pressure.
- Receptive and able to grasp new ideas and motivation for self-development.
- Ability to originate and develop ideas, size up problems, evaluate facts and take action.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Yap Yoke Lan
Tel No: 03-22458888
Menara TM, Kuala Lumpur
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org