At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a
Director Customer Insights (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Identify customer needs via continuous data collection:Prepare, execute and deliver insights based on a mix of customer feedback programs/tools, including but not limited to:
- The HL Customer Experience Survey (CES)
- Ad hoc surveys e.g. performance before and after setup and roll-out of our Quality Service Centers
- Customer Panels with select customer segments/groups for deep-dive information
- Online feedback tools e.g. after usage of Quick Quotes
- Develop new tools of capturing customer feedback: Establish different/innovative methods for data collection.
- Implement customer insights into our business with relevant business units: Embed core findings into HL’s DNA and establish a customer-driven way of thinking and conducting business in cooperation with different teams and departments globally (HQ, Regions and Areas).
- Apply customer insights as part of the company’s go-to market approach for defining products: Helping to define - and potentially drive - commercial segmentation, core and differentiated products, and HL’s competitiveness via data.
- Support the Customer Quality Senior Director in driving the HL 2023 Strategy: Help focus on relevant core areas as required by senior management e.g. HL KPI setting and/or top management presentations.
- Build and develop a highly motivated and high-performing team: Responsible for recruitment of new and development of existing team members
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Social Science, Business or similar
- 5-7 years Customer Insights experience, preferably as part of a global organization as well as a local (country) organization
- Sales and Marketing experience an advantage
- Works in an analytical and systematic manner with attention to details
- Experienced in market research, NPS, customer experience and analytics
- Capable of translating data into actionable insights, recommendations and tangible improvements for HL and value for customers
- Working professionally and autonomously with the ability to make sound decisions in standard as well as ambiguous situations
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to build connections, credibility and exert influence with key stakeholders at all levels
- Good communication skills including sound command of English (spoken and written)
- Experienced with leading people and processes in a HQ as well as remotely through offshore teams
- Willingness and flexibility to travel
HR Management • Herr Josip Kunkic
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: +49 40 3001-2647