Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. As the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. We are an international team of 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 128 countries. This year we are growing even more and opening up Hapag-Lloyd’s very first Knowledge Center – in Tricity, Poland.
The Center, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
The role is based at our Knowledge Center in Gdańsk, where you will get the chance to try out new approaches and technologies in a fast-paced environment. 50 years ago, Hapag-Lloyd was one of the first liner shipping companies to set up a dedicated Dangerous Goods department. Today Hapag-Lloyd carefully approves all declared Dangerous Goods shipments, reviews shipment feasibility and performs thorough compliance checks. Our experience, combined with experts around the globe, makes Hapag-Lloyd one of the most reliable Dangerous Goods specialists.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Senior Coordinator Dangerous Goods (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Processing of transport requests for dangerous goods according to process standards
- Approval of dangerous goods transports for intermodal transport
- Application of dangerous goods bookings at partner lines
- Correspondence with internal and external contacts (in English)
- Verification of compliance with transport regulations of dangerous goods
- Process loading/transit/discharge clearance
- Preparation of stowage and segregation notes
- Close cooperation with the Dangerous Goods Managers within the Regions
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Completed vocational training as shipping agent and practical experience in the transport of dangerous goods
- Basic knowledge of the IMDG Code and other dangerous goods regulations preferred
- Responsible, detail-oriented and well-organised working method with the ability to work accurately even under time pressure
- Team spirit and commitment
- Motivated and quick learner
- Good English skills
- Good IT skills (especially MS-Outlook)
HR Management • Herr Mateusz Grabarski
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg