At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Software Engineer (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Hapag-Lloyd offers customers on its website a comprehensive suite of applications covering everything that is needed to execute complex international container logistic transport. As a part of its strategy, HL will further develop this offering into the best-in-class digital Web Chanel.
Your new role
We are looking for experienced, highly skilled and motivated Software Engineers who enjoys seeing their work making a measurable impact and will be responsible for the END-TO-END DELIVERY OF ENTIRE PRODUCT. If you are a person with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive and you have passion for building NEW PRODUCTS in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, it is your position.
Requirements and Qualifications:
What you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Deep knowledge of at least one programming language such as JAVA or SCALA
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including: data structures, algorithms, OO design and patterns
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, CSS, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews
Nice if you have:
- Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs
What you'll get in return
You will be a part of a brand new project with privilege to make your mark in history of your future employee. Your decisions will impact the company success. You will take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
HR Management • Herr Mateusz Grabarski
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg