At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dubai we are looking for a
Regional Director Revenue Optimization (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsible for pricing excellence and adherence to pricing guidelines as well as recommending new pricing segments in order to maximize penetration / win ratio in the targeted segments.
- Work with the trade on cargo mix optimization and ensure successful execution with the areas.
- Work with allocation and steering teams to identify ways to improve steering of cargo on the ship.
- Reviewing local charges, demurrage and detention, as well as non-manifested charges to ensure minimum revenue leakage and working on price changes.
- Use big data analysis to identify opportunities for revenue optimization. Things can range from pricing effectiveness, identifying profitable segments where we want to grow, etc.
- Run the revenue Management projects as set by the head office.
- Tariff maintenance (Inland only)*.
- Participate in RPM (Regional Performance Management calls) and coordinate actions with the Area accordingly.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree that is related to the role.
- Experience in revenue management. Expectation is whoever applies is able to demonstrate similar experience in his/her current or earlier roles.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematic proficiency in statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Experience in analytical tools, be it statistical analysis tools or machine learning.
- Understanding of network economics, business models, and pricing / RM methodologies.
- Comfortable processing data and drawing actionable conclusions to move forward.
- A change agent who is able to prioritize initiatives and lead on those initiatives with the different stakeholders through persuasion and driving consensus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com