At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Singapore we are looking for a
Pricing Manager, Special Cargo Asia (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Main Objectives of this position:
- Grow the special cargo segment ex Asia in line with Hapag-Lloyd 2023 Niche market strategy
- Provide competitive and prompt pricing support for areas for break-bulk and pre-lashed cargo
- Create efficient and effective tools and processes that enable front line sales to react quickly to pricing of special cargo in the market
- Create and maintain a comprehensive cost catalogue for the Asia organization that allows for fast and precise market pricing
- Own the pricing guidelines for special cargo after alignment of pricing approach with TM
- Support space discussions ex Asia for efficient operations handling and acceptance in Areas
- Advise the organization of a proper setup in each Area for how to best possible create a dedicated Area Sales and Customer Service setup for special cargo handling
- Create and conduct market studies to help identify the special cargo potential ex Asia in close cooperation with the Niche Product Satellite in Region Asia
- Meet customers as needed to gain market knowledge on working procedures, allowing direct adjustment and changes to SOP‘s
Function and duties:
- Create a cost catalogue for standard costing of special cargo segments where possible
- Align with TM on space and pricing guidelines and own the subsequent pricing for special cargo
- Build an “untapped potential” special cargo strategy that allows precise and surgical targeting of special cargo markets and customers, ensure close alignment of strategy with the global niche product strategy.
- Advise special cargo team in Hamburg and Network & Corporation on improvements to joint working procedures with alliance partners
- Implement efficient SOP’s for handling of standard special cargo across OPS, TM, Sales & Customer Service in close alignment with Niche Products Team Hamburg
- Participate in special cargo fairs or other local fairs as required Identify training requirements in the commercial organization in Asia, coordinate necessary trainings with Niche Products Hamburg.
- Advise senior management in Area and Region on how to build a proper organizational setup around the special cargo customer base
- Deliver the 2023 special cargo volume, revenue and contribution targets
Requirements and Qualifications:
3 Years Sales Management Experience [R], Customer Relationship Management [R], Strategic Account Development [P], Process Management [P]
BA in economics, math, statistics, or similar
Windows Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Power Point [R]
Fluency in English (oral and written) [R], Fluent in local languages [P], Strong Presentation and Communication Skills
Success Criteria for Position
Effectively manage all relevant stakeholders in TM, OPS, Head office, Region and Areas. Strong ability to impact without authority.
Ability to originate and develop ideas, size up problems, evaluate facts and take action quickly.
Complete job functions within specified time frames coping with strict deadlines. Maintain a positive problem solving attitude while working under pressure
Commitment to Task:
Willing to work very hard to achieve results and targets. Maintains a high level of commitment and work ethic while carrying out duties/responsibilities.
Using good listening and speaking skills, communicate with local Sales to identify and satisfy their needs to ensure correct services are supplied in a timely manner. Clearly present information through the spoken and written word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances.
Ability to apply interpersonal skills effectively when relating to subordinates, peers and managers, thus enhancing work relationships.
Ability to organize work and to use time management skills and tools to process the flow of work so that customer responsiveness is timely and work habits are orderly.
Decision Making and Problem Solving:
Ability to come up with creative solutions to solve problems. Take action in solving problems by quickly analyzing the situation, obtaining all available facts and making sound and effective decisions. Use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
Receptivity and ability to grasp new ideas and motivation for self-development.
Expected KPI’s (to be defined and agreed between job holder and manager)
Deliver the volume budget for special cargo segment as per Strategy 2023.
Deliver the Rev/TEU budget for special cargo segment.
Deliver the yield gap between the CL2/TEU for the standard dry cargo segment per trade and the CL2/TEU for special cargo as agreed between TM and Regions for each trade.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org