Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. As the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. We are an international team of 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 128 countries. This year we are growing even more and opening up Hapag-Lloyd’s very first Knowledge Center – in Tricity, Poland.
The Center, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Data Guide Analyst (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Your responsibilities will be multifaceted as the journey just started.
- Build and maintain complex data management systems that combine core data sources into data warehouses or other accessible structures
- Understand and apply information and data analysis requirements
- Catalog and understand existing data sources and their content
- Fulfill ad hoc reporting requests
- Learning and using modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques
- Perform initial data exploration and suggest analytic opportunities and best practices
- Work within varying product teams and understand how data analysis can support our organizational goals
- Recommend and implement data reliability, efficiency, and quality improvements
- Ensure the collected data is within required quality standards
- Resolve conflicts between models, ensuring that data models are consistent with the enterprise model (e.g., entity names, relationships and definitions)
Requirements and Qualifications:
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or business administration is preferred, but not required. Much more important is your experience and your attitude.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in IT and logistics acumen or vice versa that equipped you to communicate effectively with the diverse stakeholders
- Passion to accompany a product throughout the full life cycle, and work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals (such as minimizing technical debt while maximizing delivery frequency of business results)
- Strong believe that data governance is much more than a cumbersome task
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the fields of data management and data analytics
- Information management and quantitative skills, including working knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Ability to understand problems from a broad perspective and anticipate the impact of administrative issues and solutions
- Familiar with big data technologies and Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools in an cloud (AWS) based environment
HR Management • Herr Mateusz Grabarski
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg