Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as a company internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our company’s vision of being the number one for quality in our industry.
We are looking for individuals who would like to be part of this endeavor and join our “BI, Analytic and Data Integration” domain as “IT Systems Engineer” helping us to build up the product teams “Customer eConnectivity (CeC)” and “Supplier eConnectivity (SeC)” in Gdańsk.
Our Slogan is „Data is the currency of the future“
We are knowledgeable concerning all data that live within or cross the shore of our IT systems – we are passionate about salvaging its value and make it usable and we want YOU to be part of our IT team ! Be part of the vibrant IT development within Logistic and Liner-shipping if you burn for data in motion, for EDI as well as for API economy and believe that the biggest enemy of a good solution is an even better solution.
Hapag-Lloyd’s IT landscape consist of a comprehensive suite of systems covering everything that is needed to execute complex international container logistic transports. But only connecting these systems with our customers, partners and providers is what truly enables the global supply chain. Electronic Data Exchange has been the workhorse for international logistics for many years. With the advent of APIs this eConnectivity can be brought to a whole new level. As part of our strategy we will further develop this offering into the best-in-class enterprise solutions, by ramping up a new IT knowledge center in Tricity in Poland. For this exciting journey we will hire for highly skilled & motivated new colleagues who enjoy seeing their work making a measurable impact. Our development teams will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of entire products.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
IT System Engineer SCIResponsibilities and Tasks:
- Development, Test and Support of EDI and API connections to our customers, partners and providers
- Working in projects along the software lifecycles (analysis, design implementation, testing, rollout, maintenance and support)
- Analysis of business processes and requirements in close cooperation with business stakeholders as well as external partners
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master, Diploma or PhD degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in an international logistics context.
- Strong experience in the development of interfaces, especially in the international standards EDIFACT, ANSI
- Strong experience in the development of restful webservices
- Experience in Java EE development and the corresponding technologies like JPA, CDI und JTA
- High proficiency in spoken and written English. In addition, Polish and German language skills are welcome.
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn
- High degree of customer focus
- Strong team player who is comfortable working in a Scrum/Agile team
HR Management • Herr Mateusz Grabarski
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg