At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our new regional Headquarter in Genoa (Italy) we are looking for a
Compliance Specialist (m/w/d) Region South EuropeResponsibilities and Tasks:
- Development, introduction and effective implementation and monitoring of internal compliance policies based on relevant laws and regulations relevant to Hapag-Lloyd.
- Decision, coordination and reporting of compliance issues, including day-to-day business, for Hapag-Lloyd Region South Europe.
- Ongoing development and adaptation of the Hapag-Lloyd compliance program to the regulatory environment and to internal developments.
- Conceptual design and implementation of presentations, trainings and workshops on compliance topics
- Receiving and assessing of potential compliance violations and corresponding follow-up, including subsequent decision-making and / or recommendation, as well as initiation and monitoring of investigations
- Internal and external contact for specific incidents, investigations, initiatives and activities
- Point of entry for employee’s concerns or questions on compliance topics
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Completed law studies and / or business education, ideally with professional experience in shipping
- Experience in the field of compliance
- Good analytical skills. Should be used to work independently and thoroughly, willing to take decisions.
- Good team spirit
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
HR Management • Frau Kristin Peters
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 - 30012647