From Hamburg to Sydney, from Durban to Rio de Janeiro: as one of the world's leading liner shipping companies, each year we ship millions of containers from and to all regions of the world. "Number one for quality" is our promise to our customers and an attribute with which we want to distinguish ourselves clearly from our competitors. Join us on this journey. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will soon say: Welcome on board!
What is the fastest way to route a shipment of pharmaceuticals from Daegu, Korea to Kumasi, Ghana?
What pricing strategy minimizes opportunity costs in a world characterized by global trade imbalances?
How will the cherry season in Chile impact vessel capacities in the Pacific Ocean?
In the exciting environment of global trade, questions like these shape our business. The Business Intelligence & Analytics team designs and builds analytics solutions to provide insightful answers to our colleagues worldwide. We work in small, cross-functional project teams jointly with specialists across Revenue Management, Network, and Fleet Management. You share an office with a diverse team of likeminded Data Scientists, Data Artists and colleagues with in-depth knowledge about our business.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a part-time
Data Scientist (m/f/d) in Part TimeResponsibilities and Tasks:
- As part of our team, you will break new grounds in optimizing the business of Hapag-Lloyd with advanced analytics in diverse fields ranging from network optimizations to statistical forecasts to pricing algorithms
- You drive analytics projects from start to end together with experts from business and IT: discover the use case, gather the data, develop the analytics algorithm, scale it to our global business on our Data Lake platform, and tell our colleagues around the world about it
- Stay on top of the newest technologies by constantly challenging the status quo and promoting state-of-the art analytics tools within Hapag-Lloyd
- Participate in and lead international project groups
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master, Diploma or PhD degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, economics or a related quantitative field
- Excited about applying your technical and analytical expertise to the world of global logistics
- Understanding of available quantitative modeling techniques and their general application and, preferably, good knowledge in at least one of the following: network analysis, linear optimization, time series analysis, or predictive analytics
- Confident in common analytics programming languages such as Python, R or Scala
- First experiences with cloud-based big data infrastructure and analytics tools and services such as AWS, Azure, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Comfortable with working in international and interdisciplinary project teams
- Homeoffice on selected days is possible
HR Management • Mrs Kristin Peters
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 - 30012647