At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdynia we are looking for a
Equipment Dispatch Coordinator (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Assures the equipment inventory level is maintained according to forecasted need. Arranging empty transports from surplus to demand areas in coordination with the staff in the assigned geographical areas.
- Monitoring of inventory level overdue turntimes and offhires.
- Plan and organize empty transport base on forecasted needs.
- Coordinate with trade management and vessel operations.
- Monitor, coordinate and steer empty container equipment within depots’ network.
- Weekly DAP/FC (forecasting process with REU equipment steering.
- Ensure cost-optimization in all areas.
- Prepare templates, statistics and analysis for the department and supervisor as needed.
- Working in SAP and creating workorders for e.g. storage costs of empty containers in the depots.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with company’s subcontractors.
- Cooperation with other departments in the company to assure for smooth, goal and task oriented activity.
- Close cooperation with depots (on container positioning and repair).
- Performing other duties as assigned by the superior.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive experience in the liner shipping business including container logistics and haulage.
- Established contacts with terminal operators, depot operators, truckers and rail operators will be advantage.
- University degree (Shipping, Maritime Organization of Seaborne Trade, Foreign Trade, Logistics or similar).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proactive and initiative attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure (meeting deadlines).
- Analytical and efficient way of working.
- Team player motivating others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PPT).
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 6279467
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org