At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdynia we are looking for a
Customer Service - Import Coordinator (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Facilitates the movement of import cargo and keeps customers informed about all details of shipments. Provides timely response to customer inquiries, Customs and the terminals, provides paper work and electronic data to various locations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Announce Import vessel/containers
- Check for on-carriage and define extra charges (include demurrage, detention)
- Collect OBL
- Process import shipments and release containers
- Prepare shipments for invoicing as per responsibility
- Communicating with Sales
- Verifying customer problems
- Coordinating with Terminal Operations to assure efficient and effective handling of shipments
- Communicating with world-wide offices to track shipments
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive experience in the liner shipping business.
- University degree (Shipping, Maritime Organization of Seaborne Trade, Foreign Trade, Logistics or similar).
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Positive attitude.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Values teamwork and works as a team player.
- Computer literate and fast learner of system processes.
- Conveys information clearly over the phone, expresses patience, empathy.
- Understands most shipping terms.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Logically determines approach to solving the immediate problem.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 6279467
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org