Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. As the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. We are an international team of 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 128 countries. This year we are growing even more and opening up Hapag-Lloyd’s very first Knowledge Center – in Tricity, Poland.
The Center, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
Our Mission - Your Chance
We are on the Mission of building a world class AI Team capable of supporting a world class shipping company like Hapag Lloyd to stay best in class with intelligent customer centric services.
You are passionate about Cloud Solutions, AI and Big Data? Then come on board, we have real business cases with demand for distributed cloud scalability, waiting for you to bring them to life.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Cloud DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Evaluate, design & innovate
- the infrastructure of the cloud based AI Development Stack
- Intelligent CI/CD pipeline architectures for AI Cloud Solutions.
- Intelligent cloud based solution architectures capable to operate multiple AI Services at scale.
- Intelligent Cloud Application Security monitoring, recommendation & QA-Gate solutions to support secure architecture of AI Services.
- Intelligent Cloud Application Compliance monitoring, recommendation & QA-Gate solutions to support compliant architecture of AI Services.
- Scalable cloud based data integration solutions.
- Team up with Data scientists, Data engineers, Product- or Platform Teams, realize innovative AI prototypes, and deploy MVPs.
- Continuously search and evaluate AI, CI/CD and relevant Cloud Services that might improve performance or maintainability of the AI Services Cloud Platform.
- You are curiously evaluating and testing new Cloud topics, with focus on AI, data preparation and Big Data. You read and test related White Papers, Libraries, Third Party Solutions and vividly participate in Cloud/AI/Big Data Communities like Meetups, Conferences or Hackathons, always looking for new arising opportunities with high innovation potential for Hapag Lloyd.
AI Product development
- You are a key player when new business case specific AI Modules are developed.
- You acquire the necessary understanding of the business case, to consider the required sizing and architecture type of the resulting cloud solution.
- Design cloud solution architecture for AI Modules in coordination with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Product- and Platform-Teams.
- Implement the cloud solution infrastructure, orchestrating the appropriate cloud services, while following state of the art best practices.
- Setup and operate the staged cloud based CI/CD pipeline for DEVE, QA and PROD.
- Configure the integration of the staged AI Module with the corresponding stages of target and source product systems.
- You are responsible for the alignment with the Cloud Architecture- and the Managed Cloud Services- Team to ensure Hapag Lloyd Standards for the AI Module implementation.
- Support the Data scientists and Data Engineers on operationalizing the ETL pipeline the AI Model and the Product integration endpoints of the AI Module.
- Design and implement the Module performance monitoring
- Design and implement the Module configuration and steering interfaces.
- Support product teams to handle AI Module related incident situations in a fast and solution oriented manner.
AI Platform Development
- You’ll be a key player in building the generic, standardized and highly reusable platform of the Hapag Lloyd Data Science Development and Analysis Stack composed of Tools, Services and Modules, to enable the AI Team as well as Business- and System- Analysts to continuously improve time to market and cost efficiency of AI Solutions.
- You are a key player in establishing and managing the AI Cloud Services Platform with a clear and understandable architecture and process concept, ready to operate several AI Modules at different levels of granularity and handle vast amounts of data, supporting AI Module Configuration Versioning as well as repeatable model development experiments, ready for any kind of structured and unstructured data (relational, text, images, videos,..) and ready for operational, scalable and high availability use.
- You are organizing trainings and information sessions for IT and Business Departments as well as for Public Community Events on various AI Cloud Services and Quality Topics to spread the knowledge and awareness about the possibilities, limits and future of AI in Logistic and IT.
Requirements and Qualifications:
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, business administration, mathematics, physics or other scientific area is preferred, but not required. Much more important is your experience, your attitude and your hunger for state of the art Cloud Application development and AI Solutions.
Two to three years of relevant experience in enterprise level IT that equipped you to communicate effectively with the diverse stakeholders at corporate level is a good starting point.
- You’ll need 3 - 4 years of development hands on experience, with significant backend, batch and API involvement. Experiences with Test-driven development is a plus.
- SQL, Python, JEE and JS and related Development Stack elements including Git, Jenkins, common IDEs and ML frameworks are important assets for your endeavor. C++ would be helpful but initially optional.
- Hands on experience with two or more relational DBMS like DB2, SQLite, PostgreSQL as well as NoSQL DBS is important. Distributed DBS is initially optional.
- You should be confident working with various data formats from tabular data like CSV to some markup formats like HTML and common transfer formats like xml and json.
Cloud engineering & DevOps experiences
- You should be confident working with Cloud Services and related concepts and protocols of distributed computing, most preferable AWS. More is better.
- You should be confident designing and implementing cloud based applications, considering compliance regulations like GDPR as well as Access- and Data- Security aspects.
- Solid know how and know what regarding the different layers of the OSI model is important.
- You should be confident designing and implementing network architectures considering state of the art protocols and standards especially using cloud services like AWS VPC, SubNets, VPN, Loadbalancer…
- You have extensive hands on experience in implementing generic IaC-Modules with terraform or similar frameworks.
- You should have good knowledge of IAM concepts and solutions.
- You should have hands on experience in setting up multi stage CI/CD pipelines for cloud solutions, preferably in AWS.
- You have more than 2 years of hands on CI/CD DevOps experience and operative maintenance & support experience for cloud based solutions and service platforms.
- You’ll need some hands on experience in building ETL pipelines.
- Good understanding about Ques, their purpose and configuration is a must.
- Configuring and implementing API EndPoints
- Being able to present and explain cloud architectures and operative status with proper diagrams as well as experiences with at least one of the current cloud platforms like AWS, GoogleCloud, Azure… is a must.
- You’ll need to be able to understand, explain and discuss complex topics in fluent English.
- You enjoy sharing your expert knowledge with others and thus generate new knowledge.
- As a senior cloud DevOps engineer you feel responsible to support and enable your team colleagues on a professional and personal level to ensure a relaxed and collaborative atmosphere and a continuously improving team performance.
- At least 1 year experience of working in a SCRUM team is a must. But classical project management topics like task breakdown, requirements engineering, Make or Buy analysis , Gant Diagrams … will also be necessary.
- Your good analytical understanding of complex interrelationships and a confident managing of complex distributed applications will support you in dealing with exciting challenges.
- Challenging problems want to be solved by you. You show high commitment and want to make a difference.
- Furthermore, you can present results to your team, our business stakeholders in a simple and understandable way. It makes no difference to you whether in Polish or English.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- You enjoy working in an international team and are passionate about new technologies and software.
HR Management • Mrs Mateusz Grabarski
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg