Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. As the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. We are an international team of 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 128 countries. This year we are growing even more and opening up Hapag-Lloyd’s very first Knowledge Center – in Tricity, Poland.
The Center, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as a company internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our company’s vision of being the number one for quality in our industry.
To ensure smooth handling of containers along the transport chain Hapag-Lloyd uses a self-developed Customs Handling System which is highly integrated into our operational IT systems. Hapag-Lloyd has EDI connections to more than 100 countries to fulfill legal obligations and file our documents to customs authorities. Already 45% of our customs filings are automated and the degree of automation will strongly increase during next years.
For this exciting journey we will hire for highly skilled & motivated new colleagues who would like to be part of this endeavor helping us to build up the IT Customs product team in our new Knowledge Center in Gdansk.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Customs – Java EE Software Engineer (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Your daily tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Design and develop user interfaces (basing on provided UI/UX components) as well as coding background processes and web services (mainly back-end elements)
- Further improvements and new functionalities in Customs Handling – a part of our in-house built ERP System
- Working in projects along the software lifecycles (analysis, design, coding , testing, rollout, maintenance and 3rd level support)
- Analysis of business processes and requirements in close cooperation with internal business stakeholders as well as external partners
- Take on an important role in the ongoing transformation of the existing Customs Handling System from current implementation (procedural) to the new state-of-the-art IT platform (Java EE)
- Cooperating with IT-colleagues in Hamburg (online meetings + some travelling)
Requirements and Qualifications:
Basic skills you need to apply:
- BSc/MSc in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Strong Java EE skills (including knowledge of JPA, CDI, JTA)
- Experience in the development of webservices
- Good experience in relational databases and SQL
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
You will be working with modern software development tools like Eclipse, Git, Maven, Jenkins in Scrum/Agile setup. You will join highly motivated team with strong product ownership, high degree of customer focus and operational readiness in time-critical situations.
The perfect candidate can also demonstrate:
- High communication skills
- Working experience or knowledge of international logistics context
- Polish and German language skills are welcome.
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
HR Management • Mrs Mateusz Grabarski
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk