Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. As the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. We are an international team of 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 128 countries. This year we are growing even more and opening up Hapag-Lloyd’s very first Knowledge Center – in Tricity, Poland.
Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as a company internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our company’s vision of being the number one for quality in our industry.
To ensure smooth handling of containers along the transport chain Hapag-Lloyd uses a self-developed Customs Handling System which is highly integrated into our operational IT systems. Hapag-Lloyd has EDI connections to more than 100 countries to fulfill legal obligations and file our documents to customs authorities. Already 45% of our customs filings are automated and the degree of automation will strongly increase during next years.
For this exciting journey we will hire for highly skilled & motivated new colleagues who would like to be part of this endeavor helping us to build up the IT Customs product team in our new Knowledge Center in Gdansk.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Customs – EDI and Reporting Engineer (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Your daily tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Technical implementation and maintenance, test and support of EDI connections to worldwide customs authorities and port portals
- Coding, maintenance, test and support of the respective EDI mappings
- Working in projects along the software lifecycles (analysis, implementation, testing, rollout, maintenance and 3rd level support)
- Analyse implementation guides, map EDI contents to internal ERP system and clarify EDI requirements in close cooperation with internal business stakeholders as well as external partners
- Specification, coding, test and 3rd level support of reports supporting the customs monitoring processes
- Cooperating with IT-colleagues in Hamburg (online meetings + some travelling)
Requirements and Qualifications:
Basic skills you need to apply:
- BSc/MSc in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Strong experience in the development of interfaces, especially in the international standards EDIFACT, ANSI, XML including the coding of EDI mappings
- Experience in coding in any procedural programming languages
- Good experience in relational databases and SQL
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
The perfect candidate can also demonstrate:
- High communication skills
- Working experience or knowledge of international logistics context
- Polish and German language skills are welcome.
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
HR Management • Mrs Mateusz Grabarski
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk