Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as a company internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our company’s vision of being the number one for quality in our industry. To ensure seamless handling of containers along the transport chain Hapag-Lloyd uses a self-developed Carrier Customs handling system which is highly integrated into our operational IT systems. Hapag-Lloyd has EDI connections to more than 100 countries to fulfil legal obligations and file our documents to customs authorities.
For this exciting journey, we are hiring highly skilled & motivated colleagues who would like to be part of this endeavour and join in the role of Software Engineer helping us to build up the Digital Carrier Customs product team in our Knowledge Center in Gdansk.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
EDI & Reports EngineerResponsibilities and Tasks:
Your daily tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Work closely with business partners across the entire world to understand and fulfill business needs and legal requirements.
- Analyse implementation guides, map EDI contents (coding, testing and maintenance) to internal ERP system and clarify EDI requirements in close cooperation with internal business stakeholders and external partners worldwide
- Continuous working on Digital Carrier Customs as a product, including all software lifecycles (analysis, design, coding, testing, rollout, maintenance and 3rd level support)
- Specification, data mappings, coding, testing and production incidents’ support
- Working closely with experienced engineers in your team and tight cooperation with IT-colleagues in Hamburg as well as business partners in our branches worldwide
Requirements and Qualifications:
Basic skills you need to apply:
- BSc/MSc in maritime industry or (as an equivalent) a few years of experience in an international (preferably sea) logistics company
- Professional experience in operations – preferably related with customs, alternatively with one (or more): import/export documentation, port operations, other logistics operations in the maritime industry
- Basic experience or strong interest in coding (any programming language)
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn
- High communication skills
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
The perfect candidate can also demonstrate:
- Experience in working with Hapag-Lloyd’s FIS system will be a very strong asset
- Knowledge and experience of working with EDIFACT, ANSI X12, XML
- Experience in data mappings or EDI development, in an international environment
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL skills
- Agile mindset, experience in Kanban
- Knowledge of customs filing topics
- Polish and German language skills are welcome, also French or Spanish will be nice to have.
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Mateusz Grabarski
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk