Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. As the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. We are an international team of 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 128 countries. This year we are growing even more and opening up Hapag-Lloyd’s very first Knowledge Center – in Tricity, Poland.
The Center, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as a company internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our company’s vision of being the number one for quality in our industry. We are looking for individuals who would like to be part of this endeavor and join our “BI, Analytic and Data Integration” domain as “Java Software Developer” helping us to build up the product teams “API Portal” and “eConnectivity” in Gdańsk. Our Slogan is
„Data is the currency of the future“
We are knowledgeable concerning all data that live within or cross the shore of our IT systems – we are passionate about salvaging its value and make it usable.
And we want YOU to be part of our IT team ! Be part of the vibrant IT development within Logistic and Liner-shipping if you burn for data in motion, for EDI as well as for API economy and believe that the biggest enemy of a good solution is an even better solution.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
SCI - Java Software Developer - Knowledge Centre (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
The primary responsibilities include
- Work closely with other IT teams to develop and maintain APIs (RESTful webservices) for our API Developer Portal
- Development of EDI connections (XML, EDIFACT, ANSI) for data interchange with external partners
- Support and maintenance of connections for external partners
- Migration of legacy application to new Java software system (Domain Driven Design and Event Driven Architecture)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Finished studies in computer science or corresponding working experience
- You have gained experience in Java software development
- Practical experience in agile software development
- We are an international company, so you should feel comfortable with communicating in English
- Eagerness to learn
- Experience in cloud environments (ideally AWS) is a plus
- Experience in international logistic context would be good but not necessary
- Experience in international EDI standards EDIFACT, ANSI would be good but not necessary
- Interest and/or experiences around document-oriented databases (for example MongoDB)
Technologies: Java 8, Java EE, CDI, JPA, Eclipse, Git, Maven, Jenkins, GoCD, MongoDB, DB2, AWS (S3, EC2, ECR, Lambda, Codebuild), Docker, RESTful, SOAP, Confluence, Jira
What we offer:
- Be part of ramping up a new IT knowledge-center in Tricity in Poland
- Enjoy seeing see measurable impact of your work
- The ability to work autonomously in an agile and creative environment, where every idea matters
- Development possibilities for personal and professional growth
- Working experience in an international context
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
HR Management • Mrs Mateusz Grabarski
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk