At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dubai we are looking for a
Maritime IT Specialist - Vessel Infrastructure [TEMP for 1 year]Responsibilities and Tasks:
The main role of Maritime IT Specialist - Vessel Infrastructure is to manage IT systems and applications within his/her area of responsibility and support the Fleet users, on vessel and in office. This role would include managing and supporting the Fleet IT infrastructure including network, servers, business systems, applications, etc. for his/her Fleet services. This role would also include interacting with our partners and suppliers to ensure timely support and management of product /application changes, updates and issues.
Responsible for the following activities for their IT applications /products and services:
- Ownership of the IT service /product within HLAG environment including DNV-GL Hull Manager
- Managing product /service upgrades, updates and change requests
- Carrying out analyses and checks before implementing updates and changes to ensure no application downtime. Support /advice the supplier team through design build and test phases of change requests and new functionalities
- Identifying future potential improvements and service gaps which can improve the value proposition of respective product /service
- Provide super-user and refresher training on board and in office, as required
- Support and Maintenance activities including interacting with end-users in office and on board
- Responsible for the uptime and support of IT infrastructure on board vessels for vessel related applications and services. Collaborate with other team members to ensure minimal downtime and prompt response and resolution times
- Manage IT security alerts, updates, escalations and co-ordination between vessels, ISM team and HLAG Central IT Security team
- Responsible for managing service contract SLAs with suppliers
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Infrastructure: networking and security (mandatory)
- Infrastructure: clustering, virtualization (mandatory)
- Cloud (Azure, AWS) (optional)
- Applications: Maritime and Marine Applications and Architecture (optional)
- Cyber security (mandatory)
- Microsoft Infrastructure: 2012, 2016 and 2019 Server, Active Directory and Services (mandatory)
- HW (Dell, HP) (mandatory)
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com