At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Lagos we are looking for a
Senior Sales Manager (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Main Objectives of this position:
Lead and Coach the Sales Team , Monitors the day-to-day performance of their sales team. Retains some personal quota or territorial responsibility for targets. Acts as a representative of the company to the sales force and to customers.
The major emphasis of the job is on management with a largely tactical focus
Function and duties:
- Executes the sales plan and is responsible for achieving objectives in regards to revenue, volume and contribution.
- Directly supervises, manages and controls the sales team function according to the guidelines set by his/her direct superior.
- Assigns actions areas and targets for the sales force.
- Approves sales reports prepared by sales staff in analysis meetings.
- Develops sales support activities and performs regular visits if necessary.
- Escalates to his/her superior exceptional cases that escape standard rules but may benefit the company.
- Prepares and revises daily activity schedules, maintains records per sales executive and key accounts.
- Ensures that the sales territory meets or exceeds volume/revenue/contribution objectives.
- Communicates effectively all account specifics to the Customer Service and Sales departments to ensure top level service and competitive pricing.
- Develops sales strategies to increase business.
- Negotiates and completes customer bids and contracts.
- Assists staff with the development of their personal goals/budget.
- Makes certain that all departmental and functional training requirements are fulfilled.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Possess atleast 10 years of expereince in liner shipping business and out of which atleast 3 years as Sales Manager handling the team
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Success Criteria for Position:
(Guide: soft skills required to carried out the role at the optimal level)
- Good customer contacts / contacts
- Knowledge of main trade lanes and ICD’s in and around Nigeira
- Strong teamwork and interaction with Sales, Customer Service, Operations and Business Administration departments, with a view to find synergies across departments
- Management experience and leadership skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of user application systems MS office.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Oluwanifemi (Nifemi) Odeyinde
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com