Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. As the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. We are an international team of 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 128 countries. This year we are growing even more and opening up Hapag-Lloyd’s very first Knowledge Center – in Tricity, Poland.
The Center, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
In Gdańsk we established a Knowledge Center. Within it - Data Management Solutions for Analytics (DMSA). A group of top IT experts, designers and executors, will apply AWS cloud technology in maritime and shipping industry. We are quality-driven, have passion for cloud (especially AWS), analytics and power of positive changes, technology solutions bring to business globally.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
AWS Data Engineer - Knowledge Centre (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
AWS Data Engineer will work closely with data analysts, data engineers, data scientists and other stakeholders to design and maintain data models.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing data pipelines in Data Lake analytics platform to provide accurate and timely data for internal and external clients.
- Implement data management, governance and security rules for cloud data platform
- Manage data pipelines consisting of a series of stages through which data flows
- Ensure performance and reliability of data processes
- Collaborate with cross functional team to resolve data quality and operational issues and ensure timely delivery of product
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with business and technical staff to distill technical requirement from business requests
- Recommend and implement data reliability, efficiency, and quality improvements
- Design and implement processes to ensure data integrity and standardization
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Practical experience with cloud databases (Snowflake and/or Redshift)
- At least 3 years everyday experience with AWS cloud platform
- Linux/shell scripting experience
- At least 2 years’ experience with ELT and ETL techniques
- Experience with Spark, Python, Hadoop
- Knowledge of analytical technologies and Stream-based processing
- Experience with data warehousing and data modeling
You will score extra if you already can demonstrate your:
- Experience with Qlik tools, Alteryx, Informatica, DB2, SAP, Salesforce - is a plus
- Experience with Master Data Management tools, especially on cloud platforms;
- Application of Data Governance rules globally (US / California laws, China laws) is a plus
- Experience in IoT prototyping, edge computing and ingestion of big data streams
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
HR Management • Mrs Mateusz Grabarski
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk