At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Accounting (Payable) Coordinator (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with vendors and minimizes expenses to Hapag-Lloyd through timely and accurate payments.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review and process all invoices and expense reports; charging the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Point of entry with vendors for payment request, check remittance and payment information / inquiries.
- Reconcile open invoices and vendor statement inquiries as needed.
- Work with vendors and internal departments to resolve brokerage inquiries and disputes.
- Responsible for posting invoices for payment into company system.
- Process brokerage payments for freight forwarders through statement process.
- Address issues of invoices processed through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Process manual payment requests through the Treasury department.
- Compile vendor’s bank data and update master data within company system.
- Proper documentation scanning and archiving of invoices as per retention requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University Degree (Bachelor min.). Knowledge of accounting, medium level.
- Experience gained in Accountancy in big companies.
- Having worked with internal and external vendors.
- Hapag Lloyd Systems: Knowledge of SAP-Fi and –BEx, FIS desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, set priorities, organize work and implement action items.
- Strong PC skills and expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Advanced English.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 3291750
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org