At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Lagos we are looking for a
Senior IT Coordinator (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Overall Job Purpose
Part of the Administrators job category. Professional with advanced skills and a good knowledge of the company’s services, the principal`s accountabilities and method of operations. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and may work independently with only general guidance on a variety of special projects. Leads the development of new opportunities to meet specific targets. Reports to next higher level in unit (Level 4).
Assumes responsibility for the:
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and support of all corporate hardware, software, systems, applications and IT peripherals
- Local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN)
- Telephone and mobile devices related problems and the maintenance of same
Job Specification - Key Accountabilities
Performs full clerical, administrative, and general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature (i.e., typing, transcription, record and file maintenance; mail distribution) in support one or more persons at the upper management levels 1-3. Communicates principal`s instructions or desires to various individuals and/or departments.
- Provides first level help desk support and works closely with the Information Technology Service Desk (ITDS).
- Installs and configures laptops and desktops and installs software.
- Provides general support for all sites within the Region/Area.
- Responsible for all telecommunications, including mobile phones.
- Handles inventory control and maintenance of equipment for Area.
- Maintains servers, drives, Local Area Network and Wide Area Network support and tape backups.
- Ensures that all site maintenance is completed.
- Supports Intranet Web development, Web Server and proxy server.
- Coordinates projects as determined by Corporate or Information Technology Service Desk (ITDS).
- Makes certain that all departmental and functional training requirements are fulfilled.
- Comply with the companies IT policies, processes and procedures
- Comply with GDPR and internal data protection policies and procedures
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Engineer or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-4 years of IT Infrastructure support experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Up-to-date knowledge of network, hardware, software and systems
- Experience overseeing, supporting and maintaining corporate computer networks, systems and applications
- Good technical knowledge of mobile applications and devices
- Ability to operate and maintain tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Displays knowledge about our company and products
- Effectively uses tools and methods needed for the job
- Identifies and analyses problems for quicker resolution
- Takes over responsibility
- Acts in a reliable and diligent manner
- Ability to convey information effectively and convincingly
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com