From Hamburg to Sydney, from Durban to Rio de Janeiro: as one of the world's leading liner shipping companies, each year we ship millions of containers from and to all regions of the world. "Number one for quality" is our promise to our customers and an attribute with which we want to distinguish ourselves clearly from our competitors. Join us on this journey. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will soon say: Welcome on board!
The Centre, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
IT Release ManagerResponsibilities and Tasks:
Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our joint vision of being the number one for quality in our industry.
Hapag-Lloyd’s IT landscape consist of a comprehensive suite of systems covering everything that is needed to execute complex international container logistic transports. The so called Freight Information System (FIS) is the core system, which supports the whole shipment lifecycle: starting at sales, via customer service to operations and including smart steering catalogs.
Well organized FIS Releases are a precondition for a smooth operation of the whole Hapag-Lloyd business.
As part of our strategy, we will further develop FIS to keep and improve the best-in-class enterprise solution. By ramping up our new IT knowledge center in Gdansk we will increase our capacity. For this exciting journey, we are looking for highly skilled & motivated new colleagues who enjoy seeing their work making a measurable impact.
- Manage business change request processes in alignment with IT and business stakeholders
- Manage FIS releases
- Manage build and deployment processes on Jenkins
- Manage system integration tests as well as user acceptance tests in alignment with IT and business stakeholders
- Oversee the delivery of application versions and their inter-dependencies in different environments / stages
- Analyze and minimize risks of releases
- Prepare and coordinate installation of releases to production including release date plan
- Schedule audits on application change control and assist in implementing audit recommendations
- Develop guidelines to avoid unauthorized or damaging application changes
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master or Diploma in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in an international logistics context
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn
- Experience in CI/CD
- Experience with Buildserver, CI Server and Version Control Systems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team player
- High degree of customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ideally experience in Java EE development
- High proficiency in spoken and written English. In addition, Polish and German language skills are welcome
What we can offer to you
Are you eager to join a leading global logistics company to participate in digital transformation and change the maritime industry? Are you looking for a purposeful and meaningful job, delivering software that has real impact and value for our customers? If you have a passion and want to grow with us, join Hapag-Lloyd’s “in-house startup” Knowledge Center in Gdańsk! We are the IT center for the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world. Besides that, we can offer you:
- International career opportunities
- Structured annual performance review
- Benefit Platform
- Access to the Learning Management System
- Fruit days
- Modern, ergonomic office, including height adjustable desks
- Bike storage, showers, lockers
- Private medical healthcare
- Sports package
- Group life insurance
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Attractive and market-oriented remuneration and annual bonus
HR Management • Mrs Mateusz Grabarski
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg