From Hamburg to Sydney, from Durban to Rio de Janeiro: as one of the world's leading liner shipping companies, each year we ship millions of containers from and to all regions of the world. "Number one for quality" is our promise to our customers and an attribute with which we want to distinguish ourselves clearly from our competitors. Join us on this journey. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we will soon say: Welcome on board!
The Centre, located in Gdańsk, will function as a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Java EngineerResponsibilities and Tasks:
Your daily tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Design and develop background processes and web-services (mainly back-end elements) in JavaEE v.8, work with architecture based on Clean Architecture and DDD
- Analyse existing systems, solutions, business processes and requirements in close cooperation with internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- Transforming existing Customs Handling System from current version (procedural) to the new state-of-the-art IT platform (Java EE) with solid implementation of CI/CD
- Writing automated tests (unit tests, database tests, integration based on selenium), code coverage at least of 80% of code lines
- Working on clearly defined product goals
- Working on Customs-as-a-product, including all software lifecycles (analysis, design, coding , testing, rollout, maintenance and 3rd level support)
- Working with experienced engineers in your team and tight cooperation with IT-colleagues in Hamburg (mainly online meetings, some travelling possible)
Requirements and Qualifications:
Basic skills you need to apply:
- BSc/MSc in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Good Java EE skills (including knowledge of JPA, CDI, JTA, JAX-WS, JAX-RS) or excellent knowledge of Spring and willingness to switch to EE platform
- Experience in the development of web-services, restful API
- Relational databases and SQL skills
- High proficiency in spoken and written English and very good communication skills
You will be working with modern software development tools like Eclipse, Git, Maven, Jenkins in Scrum/Agile setup. You will join highly motivated team with strong product ownership, high degree of customer focus and operational readiness in time-critical situations.
The perfect candidate can also demonstrate:
- Agile mindset, experience with Scrum framework
- Experience in test-driven development
- IBM ODM skills
- Apache Kafka, queues, messaging, experience with event bus
- Working experience or knowledge of international logistics context
- Polish and German language skills are welcome.
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
HR Management • Mrs Urszula Moskal
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk