At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Rotterdam we are looking for a
Senior manager depot & reefer technology center (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The senior manager is leading the depot & reefer technology center Benelux;
- Ensuring a cost efficient operation and is responsible for the end result of all activities of the Depot & Reefer Technology center.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction, directs the manager reefer unit repair and box repair, Empowers, coaches and develops staff;
- The position will drive subordinated positions (and functions) to efforts of implementing and enhancing operations methods of the depot;
- Provides measurable input to the local and regional management;
- The senior manager is contact person for internal and external parties;
- Is responsible for compliance with the health and safety policy;
- Is responsible for the budget with regard to investments and reservations and price agreements made with suppliers of materials and services;
- The incumbent takes care of delivering a high quality of output and is constantly looking for innovating working methods;
- Liaises with authorities regarding permits, quality and the environment;
- Participates actively in the consultation with the local management;
- Contributes to the determination and achievement of the objectives of the area Benelux, in particular in its area of responsibility, including on the basis of benchmarks;
- Promotes cross functional communication with internal departments.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Qualifications and soft skills:
Education and background:
- Bachelor level of thinking and working, minimum 5-10 years experience in leading a depot;
- Relevant technical trainings, completed with management trainings.
- Good technical insight and thorough knowledge of container maintenance and repair;
- Ability to analyze reports and advise the management;
- Good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written), German is a plus;
- Thorough knowledge of shipping in general;
- Good knowledge of current IT systems and applications.
- Strong communication skills, focused on collaboration;
- Radiates self-confidence, takes responsibility;
- Masters conflict management.
- Promotes a team-oriented work environment;
- Ensures staff development and motivation;
- Sets and realizes targets, is decisive.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Irene de Groot
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org