At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Port Terminal Operations Coordinator Area North(m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
We can offer you a positon in a newly established diversified Hapag-Lloyd Area North covering 10 countries with a mixture of own offices and agencies. Area’s main office has recently been moved to new modern premises at Alchemia in Gdansk, hosting other international companies and providing an agile international environment, which fits well to the Hapag-Lloyd strategy. You would report directly to the PTO Manager located and Gdańsk and be part of dynamic as well as experienced team.
We are looking forward to your application and for you to joining our team!
Your role would be to arrange and monitor that the containers and cargoes are handled at the terminals without any problem and that the vessel and berthing operations are smoothly executed.
Your main tasks will be:
- Arranging Vessel, Port and Cargo Operations in accordance with local rules / regulations and safety/ security procedures for both feeders and ocean vessels, including 3rd party operators
- Tracing shipments to assure that all containers load as booked
- Creating shut out lists and investigating load list cancellation reasons
- Providing forecasts to terminals, vessel planners and partners on cargo set to sail
- Making sure vessels are loaded and unloaded in a timely fashion
- Being the initial point of contact for (operational) claims, notifying the proper parties of damaged equipment/cargo, arranging for surveys and re-packings to be conducted
- Preparing special cargo manifests, incl. hazardous manifests and collecting hazardous dock receipts;
- Planning transshipment connections and feeder pre-carriage to respective hub ports
- Creating and providing Terminal Departure Report to vessel planners after vessel sailing
- Maintaining and/or creating vessel schedules (incl. arrival/departure dates and cut offs/pick ups)
- Reconciling cargo booked for vessels at cut off dates to avoid imbalances at the terminal
- Arranging and providing cost estimates for special shipments (i.e.: out-of-gauge, stowage, lashing, securing)
- Arranging OOG surveys and break bulk cargo load/discharge activities
- Providing Value Added Services (VAS) for customers
- Creating Port, Terminal and Feeder Transport Work Orders and follow up on cost queries
- Creating exception (TREX) occurred in the port (terminal / vessel) for cost recovery
- Close contact with other HL departments in/outside Area North (Customer Service, Procurement, OPSS, Equipment, AP, Network, etc) as well as external vendors/subcontractors
- Problem solving (gate issues, change of rotation, EDI, etc)
- Participating and/or initiating process improvement and cost saving opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications:
- University degree (Shipping, Maritime Organization of Seaborne Trade, Foreign Trade, Logistics or similar)
- Comprehensive experience in the liner shipping business, incl. transport and logistics (4 – 5 years)
- Knowledge on dangerous goods
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Very good time management skills and ability to work under the time pressure
- Team player values
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PPT)
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 3291750
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com