At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Transport Disposition Coordinator Area North (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
We can offer you a positon in a newly established diversified Hapag-Lloyd Area North covering 10 countries with a mixture of own offices and agencies. Area’s main office has recently been moved to new modern premises at Alchemia in Gdańsk, hosting other international companies and providing an agile international environment, which fits well to the Hapag-Lloyd strategy. You would report directly to the TD Manager located and Gdańsk and be part of dynamic as well as experienced team.
We are looking forward to your application and for you to joining our team!
Your role would be to arrange and monitor the movement of inter-modal boxes from the ship to the customer’s door and from the customer to the ship using the most cost effective means of transport.
Your main tasks will be:
- Managing and organising transportation
- Producing fast and accurate documentation/delivery instructions
- Coordinating moves in the most cost effective manner possible
- Creating work orders to and from rail/port for import and export cargo
- Tracing cargo to final destination to ensure prompt delivery
- Monitoring trucker and equipment accessibility to determine the availability of one-way transports for cost saving opportunities
- Clarifying invoice and work order discrepancies, correcting when needed
- Evaluating carriers performance and issuing service exceptions when needed
- Preparing templates, statistics and analysis for the department and supervisor as needed
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with company’s subcontractors
- Cooperating with other departments in the company to assure for smooth, goal and task oriented activity
- Performing other duties as assigned by the superior
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive experience in the liner shipping business, incl. container logistics and haulage
- General transport market and transport law knowledge
- University degree (Shipping, Maritime Organization of Seaborne Trade, Foreign Trade, Logistics or similar)
- Established contacts with terminal operators, depot operators, truckers and rail operators will be advantage
- DCT-Navis and GCT-Express system knowledge would be an advantage as well as general customs, VGM, procedures
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Very good time management skills and ability to work under the time pressure
- Analytical and efficient way of working
- Team player values
- Proactive approach to development strategy
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PPT)
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: +48 58 3291750
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org