At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Mumbai we are looking for a
Supervisor - Special Cargo (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Main Objectives of this position:
- Strategize current work procedures of CS Special Cargo Desk and contribute new ideas to maximize the productivity and improve upon Overall Customer Experience on Special Cargo aspect.
- Develop a very good understanding of the countries that will be serviced and learn the culture to enhance the customer experience.
Functions and Duties:
- Work closely to ensure DG/OOG/Flexi/SOC approvals are received by customer in a timely manner. Booking accuracy needs to be aligned with organisation promises.
- Ensure organisation doesn’t incur customs fines. Filing of all inward vessels in time and as per customs regulations is mandatory.
- Monitor and measure workload to ensure best practises/process is in place.
- Guide, coach & support Customers Service Special Cargo department.
- Ensure that customers are served in a timely and professional manner in to order to grow and maintain positive customer experience.
- Lead team to achieve desired targets.
- Align work processes as per PREX (ARIS)
- Develop new business processes for smoother workflows.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the services that Hapag-Lloyd offers.
- Ensure all department and functional training requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide guidance to team in handling difficult or complex problems and resolving the escalated complaints or disputes.
- Examine issues and problems effectively, generating possible solutions
- Ensure effective & timely handling of all reports eg. OUFC /VPC closure/Batch Invoicing.
- Monitor and ensure timely completion of booking transmissions to DG desk overseas are sent and bookings aren’t impacted.
- Have a monthly face-to-face review meeting with HLGS (booking migration, Document tasks) & overseas DG desks to discuss on KPI reported and required improvements thereof.
- Convey information effectively and convincingly.
- Conduct regular customer survey and ensure quick follow through on the feedback received from customers for all levels
- Create an environment where people can communicate openly and honestly.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years industry experience in transportation industry
- Expert knowledge of Special Cargo required
- Extensive background in handling customer Special Cargo DG, OOG, Flexi required
- Commitment to deliver excellence in documentation
- Attention to detail
- Management experience required
- Expert knowledge of user application systems (FIS, MS Office, Word, Excel)
- Expert knowledge of user application systems (FIS, COMPASS (if applicable)
- Process knowledge & systems support optimization
- Ability to promptly process data and request under pressure
- Management of data quality benchmarking PPM and KPI management
Success Criteria for Position:
(Guide: soft skills required to carried out the role at the optimal level)
- Superior communication skills
- Professional and courteous phone call handling
- Expert problem resolution
- Effective time management and planning skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of interactions with other functions, CSB, CSI, TD.
- Leadership skills
- Customer friendly
- Positive attitude can do attitude
- Energetic and good team spirit
- Enthusiasm and team spirit
- Commitment to task
Special Tasks (if applicable):
DG knowledge, IMO class requirements. Out Gauge cargo knowledge, Flexi cargo knowledge.
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
Tel: 022 - 68210504
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com