At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Lagos we are looking for a
NPA & NIMASA Account Officer (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsible for vessel billing at NPA and NIMASA, payment preparation and facilitation, reconciliation preparation and coordination between various shipping partner lines with accurate volume and values.
Consciously establishes a culture that ensures and maintains timely cost projection, berthing of vessels, reconciliations and partner sharing accounts. Establishes and maintains good relationships with authorities. Adherence to all government regulations and standard procedures within the ports. Upholds and ensures that all Hapag-Lloyd policies and procedures are adhered to by all involved in the process.
Job Specification - Key Accountabilities:
- Obtaining Provisional Bills and invoices at NPA and NIMASA respectively.
- Processing e-SEN at NPA.
- Processing Berthing and Sailing clearance for each vessel.
- Attends Berthing- and Voyage meetings regularly for vessel declaration and Volume reconciliation.
- Obtain the approval to berth/Sail the vessel from the Port Manager and NIMASA respectively.
- Calculates partners billing and agree partner’s volume on each voyage.
- Regular partner’s reconciliation and quick settlement of outstanding
- Schedule of vessel expected at the various ports
- Reconcile the terminal discharge list with FIS
- Obtain final bills/Invoices and regular reconciliation with NPA and NIMASA
- Vessel clearing cost projections
Requirements and Qualifications:
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Critical Qualification: Minimum BSC/HND in Accounting/Economics or equivalent
- Critical Experience: Minimum 3 to 4 years working experience in accounting
- Recommended/Preferable Qualification: Diploma or any equivalent in Maritime Transport
- Recommended/Preferable Experience: 1 Year experience in Nigerian shipping industry
Core Technical Competencies
- Accounting in practice, including complicated reconciliations
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate / Advanced
- Ability to form and maintain multiple solid professional relationships internal and external to the organization, through excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Tenacious and resilient
- Rule orientated
- Deadline Driven
- Willing to go the extra mile
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to email@example.com. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org