Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. We are an international team of specialists working across the globe believing that together we can change the maritime industry. You might not know us yet, but as the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops.
Innovation, agility, teamwork, collaboration – does it sound familiar? For us, at Hapag-Lloyd Knowledge Center, it does. Let’s join us and shape a future together with more than 100 colleagues developing in seven IT project teams.
Join the team at Hapag-Lloyd’s “in-house startup” and help us navigate the future!
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
IT Director FIS3Responsibilities and Tasks:
Would you like to be a part of the vibrant IT development within logistics and liner -shipping? We are looking for a candidate who is willing to join our “Freight Information System”- Community and build up a software development center of excellence as IT Director FIS Power Dev in Gdansk.
Help us to set-up the two teams “Dev Commercial” and “Dev Operations & Network” to work jointly with our product teams developing our logistics applications.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience to manage a team >20 of IT specialists (preferred Java Engineers and IT Analysts).
- Ability to build up and coach your team to achieve respective product goals and priorities.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in IT and logistics acumen or vice versa that equipped you to communicate effectively with the diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the fields of software engineering and passion for software quality.
- Passion to accompany the products throughout the full life cycle, and work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals (such as minimizing technical debt while maximizing delivery frequency of business results) in an agile manner.
- Demonstrated experience of engaging executives and other stakeholders to support important business decisions.
- Positive attitude and a highly developed sense of service orientation.
- Information management and quantitative skills, including working knowledge of IT infrastructure, public cloud, various technologies/platforms, and enterprise-specific vendor solutions
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, business informatics or business administration is preferred, but not required. Much more important is your experience and your attitude.
Technology stack in teams for which you will be responsible:
- Java EE backend
- React frontend
- Git source control
- Maven build tool
- Jenkins build server
- Eclipse IDE
What we can offer to you:
- International career opportunities
- Structured annual performance review
- Benefit Platform
- Access to the Learning Management System
- Fruit days
- Modern, ergonomic office, including height adjustable desks
- Bike storage, showers, lockers
- Private medical healthcare
- Sports package
- Group life insurance
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Attractive and market-oriented remuneration and annual bonus
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
HR Management • Mrs Urszula Moskal
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk