What is the fastest way to route a shipment of pharmaceuticals from Daegu, Korea to Kumasi, Ghana?
What pricing strategy minimizes opportunity costs in a world characterized by global trade imbalances?
How will the cherry season in Chile impact vessel capacities in the Pacific Ocean?
In the exciting environment of global trade, questions like these shape our business. To answer these, we build! We build analytics solutions to provide insightful answers to our global colleagues and we build and develop a community of Data Scientists across the business. We work in small, cross-functional project teams with specialists across Revenue Management, Network, Trade, and other functions. You share a (partially virtual) office with a diverse team of Data Scientists, visualization experts, and colleagues with in-depth knowledge about our business.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a
Analytics Community Lead (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As part of our team, you will accelerate Hapag-Lloyd’s Advanced Analytics roadmap by identifying opportunities across the business, connecting business experts and Data Scientists, keeping an eye on our use case pipeline, and diving into the data yourself
- Develop new and creative ways to share the ideas behind Advanced Analytics with our colleagues across the organization. Connect the growing global Data Scientist community through hands-on labs, intro sessions, and online events
- Bring in new ideas and kickstart use cases where you see opportunities
- Connect Hapag-Lloyd with similar teams at other companies
- Build up a transparent pipeline of use cases for the teams
- Jointly with other Data Scientists you drive analytics projects from start to end together with experts from business and IT: discover the use case with local experts, gather the data, develop the analytics algorithm, scale it to our global business, and tell our colleagues around the globe about it
- Stay on top of the newest technologies by constantly challenging the status quo and promoting state-of-the art analytics tools within Hapag-Lloyd
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excited about applying your passion for Data Science to the world of global logistics and sharing it with our colleagues around the world
- Experience in making the case for Advanced Analytics and bridging the gap between the business domain and technical domain
- Passionate to build up communities and nurture knowledge sharing virtually and face-to-face
- Strong understanding of available (cloud-based) Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning techniques, their respective advantages and trade-offs, and when to apply them
- Comfortable with working in international and interdisciplinary teams
- University degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, economics, or a related quantitative field (alternatively: equivalent practical experience)
HR Management • Mrs Kristin Peters
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 - 30012647