At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Mumbai we are looking for a
Senior Manager - Customer Service Imports (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Main Objectives of this position:
The CS Import L5 is responsible to ensure that all tasks are delivered within the defined KPI and Quality standards and continuously strive to improve on them aim for the highest level of CS quality.
Furthermore, the CS Import L5 takes direct accountability for all ensuring that all HL Processes are adhered to, and ensuring that the department operates optimally.
Strong Leadership and Role modelling is an important aspect of this job function, and the L5 should all times ensure that the company culture and goals are conveyed and adapted throughout the team, and Guides, coaches and supports the Customer Service Import Department.
- Effective Communication with Customer through email and telephone.
- Handling of customer Queries and “problem” solving aligned to our goal to be No. 1 for Quality.
- Vessel Preparation and IGM Filing according to local Customs and Internal Process guidelines.
- Oversee and support import vessel preparation and readiness for back office tasks.
- Monitor and issue Invoices within the TAT and responsible for complete process handling of the OUFC.
- Handling of Credit Notes, Invoice Cancellations with in the control guidelines.
- End to End process responsibility of Dispute Management.
- Issuance of Delivery Orders, in line with local Customs and HL Internal process guidelines.
- Monitoring and clearance of uncleared / longstanding containers.
- Monitoring and actioning all Transport Exceptions within the control guidelines.
- Monthly ICCL reporting.
- Handling of the Catalogue Administration in line with the HL Standard Process, including KYC and customer validation.
- Handle exception issued by GSC, including vessel handovers.
- Providing support for all Import related topics.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years industry and management experience in transportation industry
- Overall expert knowledge of the Import process
- Understanding of IGM, Invoicing and Delivery order functions
- Good knowledge of user application systems (MS Office, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge and experience in 3rd Party TOS
Success Criteria for Position:
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Result Driven and Customer and service orientated
- Ability to communicate and colaborate effectively
- Capacity to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven
- Attention to detail and accountability for team performance is important
- Enthusiasm and a promoter of team spirit and team accountability
- Willingness to work overtime and to be on standby
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com