With over 250 IT experts, Hapag-Lloyd IT in Hamburg and Gdansk designs and develops global IT infrastructures and applications for one of the world's largest ocean carriers. The Hapag-Lloyd "Freight Information System" is the backbone of our shipping business and represents the benchmark in our industry. The interaction with our partners is an important aspect of success in our business. "Enterprise Integration Platform" develops and supports communication platforms in the area of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), API Management and Document Processing.
"Enterprise Information Platform" provides a highly available B2B communication platform that integrates seamlessly with our "Freight Information System". Large parts of this platform are developed and maintained by our team in Hamburg. A current challenge is the transformation of our platform from a classic centralized setup to a hybrid approach with meaningful integration of the cloud. We see an IT System Engineer as an all-rounder who enjoys and is interested in further developing our communication platform in the areas of EDI and Reporting & Printing, both technologically and functionally. This includes development activities as well as building the environment itself. From the continuous further development to the implementation of integration modules to the operation (DevOps) of the environment, we offer varied tasks. In a motivated team we work, with agile methods, on our innovative product.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a
IT System Engineer (m/f/d)Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Continuous further development of our product in the area of EDI and R&P
- Development of technical services for the functional extension of the platform
- Development of building blocks and interfaces for integration into the Hapag-Lloyd application landscape and existing development processes
- Advising our internal development teams on the implementation of business services on our platform.
- Provision of interfaces for monitoring and KPI determination
- Support of the runtime environment and 3rd party software
- 3rd level support
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Completed studies in computer science or comparable
- Experience in software development, especially with Java
- Experience with EDI solutions or other communication products
- Know-how in the development and operation of cloud applications as well as experience in other programming languages, tools and various operating environments are an advantage
- As an internationally operating company, we require a good command of written and spoken English
- However, we consider your ability to work in a team to be particularly important, because that is what sets us apart
- A company with a long tradition
- A permanent employment contract with flexible working hours
- A workplace in Hamburg's HafenCity (close to the main train station)
- Further education and training are flexibly arranged at our company to continuously strengthen our know-how
- The possibility of "mobile working
- And much more ...
HR Management • Mrs Alexandra von Bastian
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg