At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dakar we are looking for a
Supervisor Customer Service (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Customer Services supervisor working in import facilitate the movement of import cargo – freight coming into the country – keep customers satisfied with any and all details of shipments. This work role can provide both challenge and rewards in dealing with non-routine situations. In general, Customer Services Import Coordinators provide immediate response to customer inquiries, provide timely information to Customs and the terminals, and provide paper work and electronic data to Port Authorities.
Knowledge of HL products, Customs requirements and basic knowledge of shipping practices.
Ability to handle difficult clients.
Job Specification - Key Accountabilities
- Provide customers with arrival notices upon request
- Send customs manifest to SARS via EDI for all Ports
- Send Discharge List via EDI and Paper for all Ports
- Release cargo against freight/landside charges due, bill of entry, cargo dues and original bill of lading
- Maintain FIS to show release status and Payment and Document retrieval status
- Liaise with transport department for inland transport
- Liaise with finance department for Banking of cheques and outstanding invoices
- Updating the internal system FIS and Navis with release details
- Communicate with customers in case of exception handling of shipments, customs or scanner stop etc
- Communicate with authorities in case of exception handling
- Clarify customer queries
- Handle Abandoned cargo – booking to State Warehouse
Requirements and Qualifications:
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Communication Skills
- Active knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
- Active knowledge of Import techniques
- Minimum 3years’ experience
- Active knowledge of English “maritime” language
- Active knowledge of MS Office
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Result Driven
- Ability to communication and collaboration
- Ability to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven
- Knowing your own strengths and weaknesses and capacity for self-criticism
Conceptional and entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Acknowledge signals
- Multi-dimensional thinking
- Courage to make decisions and accepting responsibility
Positive image to customers and colleagues to
- Capacity to support and inspire
- Open and honest attitude
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com