At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dakar we are looking for a
Senior Manager Operations (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Purpose: (General concise description of the purpose/role of this position)
Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day successful operations of the organization. This work role is one of accomplishing work through others, assuring the development of the people in the organization through coaching and mentoring them. Operations Managers assure the economic and efficient movement of cargo. They represent the company to the operations staff and to vendors and competitors. Operations Managers must work with urgency. Major challenges and rewards of this role come from working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Key Accountabilities: (List/Describe Tasks and Responsibilities - Describe the overall impact of these tasks)
- Key Support to Area Operations Management
- Day to day local management of PTO, M&R and EQ. Primarily within Senegal, but also to include other West Africa countries as directed by management.
- Establish effective high-level vendor relationships and ensure compliance with QEM targets.
- Ensure and monitor adherence to Standard Business Process in West Africa.
- Develop local SOP’s for more efficient day-to-day operations based on local regulations and processes.
- Co-ordinate and steer cost accountability for operational group and agencies in West Africa.
- Planning movements of containers, chases, etc. particular focus on:-
Transport (Truck & Barge) Empty Evacuation.
-No movement without Proper Vendor Agreement
-Ensure 100% delivery on empty evacuation
-Truck and Barge Tracking Off / On to be monitored daily
-Additional cost on Trucking / Barge to be reported within one hour of activity
-Communicate any issues or potential risks to Area Office
- Solving operations problems and resolving claims
- Interviewing, screening, and selecting department members
- Coaching, training, and mentoring operations staff.
- Reviewing and grading vendors’ performance.
- Dealing with over-dimension cargo
- Budgeting and controlling costs
- Representing the company at various industry meetings eg SAN
- Liaison with Africa Quality Service Centers (QSC) for control on operational administration matters.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
Technical Competencies: (List the qualifications/experience necessary to perform the requirements of the position)
- Container vessel planning
- Container Management
- Landside Logistics
Core Competencies: (List all skills necessary to perform the requirements of the position)
- At least 5 years experience in the shipping industry
- Assertive negotiator
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, work with urgency, goal and deadline driven
- Decision maker
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Good leader and trainer
- Must have a sound integrity
KPI’s (Quantifiable measures that is used to gauge or compare performance in terms of meeting their strategic and operational goals)
- FIS Schedule Maintenance
- Schedule reliability
- EPOS performance
- Empty Evacuation Plan Adherence
- Equipment forecast Accuracy
- CRC BU vs Actual
- Empty Supply Costs BU vs Actual
- Purchase order capture speed and accuracy
- Turnaround time – MTY equipment
- M&R per box
- Equipment Sales
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com