At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dakar we are looking for a
Coordinator ED/TD (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Purpose: (General concise description of the purpose/role of this position)
This role is responsible for providing equipment to shippers, truckers, and railroads and manage the inventory of
Equipment in the area. Ensure that the appropriate containers are used to meet customer specifications for the commodity being shipped.
Key Accountabilities: (List/Describe Tasks and Responsibilities - Describe the overall impact of these tasks)
Equipment Supply, Hire & Sales
- Compare client bookings to container location & availability to determine if there are sufficient containers available to meet client booking requirements.
- Requisition containers from another area within Ghana when necessary.
- Organize on-hire (hiring of containers) when necessary.
- Organize off-hires when necessary & facilitate return to preferred location.
- Co-ordinate the sale of badly damaged containers when possible.
- Co-ordinate the sale of long term line owned containers when reach a certain age.
- Monitor the EDI & FIS systems to identify errors.
- Investigate & resolve any errors found on the system with assistance from the depot when necessary.
- Check the Overdues report on QlikView and follow up.
- Check stock numbers in all areas for decision making.
- Control stock & rotate stock in depots when necessary.
- In conjunction with QSC, instruct depots to make containers available by releasing the containers in priority for the current bookings.
- Monitor special reefer equipment (controlled atmosphere)
Facilitate Cross Haul & Cabotage
- Liaise with Customer Services to arrange the movement of cargo overland when necessary.
- Determine most cost effective & efficient form of transport for the cargo, in conjunction with the
Transport department and QSC
- Purchase Orders
- Monitor and Authorize work order for all container related costs within agreed limits.
- Ensure Planning transportation haulage between ports and carrier haulage for HLC in the most cost effective way
- Monitor work orders timeliness
- Monitoring Transport Planning and execution
- Evaluating Transport/Deport vendor performance
- Monitor Transport Exception (TREX) handling
- Ensure smooth Transshipment execution
Requirements and Qualifications:
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
Technical Competencies: (List the qualifications/experience necessary to perform the requirements of the position)
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Thorough knowledge of port based applications (Navis, ICUMMS etc.) and documentation procedures.
- Ability to work on several systems simultaneously and interpret the data.
Core Competencies: (List all skills necessary to perform the requirements of the position)
- At least 2 years’ experience in shipping/container steering
- Assertive negotiator
- Attention to detail
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven
KPI’s (quantifiable measures that is used to gauge or compare performance in terms of meeting their strategic and operational goals)
Equipment Supply, Hire & Sales:
- Sufficient containers available to cover 2.5 weeks of exports in each location including M&R.
- Ensure positive revenue generated from container sales.
- Off-hire containers returned as per lease agreement condition.
- Eliminate Overdue long stay empty containers to minimize turnaround time.
- Handling & tracking errors identified.
- Handling & tracking errors resolved.
- Up-to-date stock details available.
- Reduced storage costs.
- EPOS Performance
- Purchase Orders
- Ensure Purchase Order Capture Speed and accuracy as per company targets
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com