At Hapag-Lloyd, you don’t have to set sail before setting course for your career. As one of the world’s leading shipping companies, we offer first rate career opportunities at more than 360 sites in around 125 countries. With more than 13,000 employees both on land and at sea we have the most diverse talent on board. As a team, we do everything we can to transport all kinds of goods from A to B. And we have been doing this for almost 170 years! How do we ensure the highest standards in terms of reliability, service, productivity and environmental protection? By forming a global team united by passion and state-of-the-art IT that brings everything and everyone safely into the harbour.
For our location in Dakar we are looking for a
Coordinator Sales Execution (m/f)Responsibilities and Tasks:
Sales Execution deals directly with customers aiming to develop, secure and maintain the most profitable business for Hapag-Lloyd in accordance with the company’s objectives. The purpose of Sales Execution is to produce optimum contributions for Hapag-Lloyd by maintaining and enhancing Hapag-Lloyd’s customer’s base through offering products that satisfy customers’ needs. Sales Execution interface with Sales Steering, Sales Support, Customer Service, Operations and Finance. Key challenges and satisfaction come from understanding the customers’ needs and wants, fulfilling customer requests, and meeting budget.
Sales Execution is in charge of generating business, assuring customer satisfaction and maximizing contribution. This is accomplished through:
Job Specification - Key Accountabilities
- Developing budget within designated territory
- Soliciting potential customers; developing existing customers; servicing and maintaining all accounts within assigned territory
- Evaluate customer potential and conduct MR sales planning
- Developing a sales pipeline to align to company aspirations and optimize vessel utilization in view of volume and profitability
- Developing account plans (pursuit plans)
- Logging appointments, client contact in CRM
- Monthly cycle of planning volumes by customer and trade relations
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships that enhance customer experience
- Identifying backup/support and delegating as necessary, for e.g. problem solving goes to customer services
- Manage and grow portfolio of customers and opportunities
- Cover MR and GEO from Customers ( push –pull) as defined in areas sales steering concept
- Focus on medium and large account
- Deal directly with customers to develop, secure and maintain most profitable business
- Conduct sales planning and performance management as defined in enhanced sales process including account planning : regular/ GAM NVO GAM/ BCO
- Approach customer through specified sales channels
- Where appropriate for their market, serve as specialist e.g. reefer, commodity, import etc.
- Prepare and conduct visits, report and follow up on visits
- Conclude contracts for MR customers ( proposal, negotiations and closing )
- Record commitments ( tender tracking / commercial )
- Drive CU business for foreign MR’s and adhere to push pull process
- Selectively engage in TM discussions on important matters e.g. tender guidance and negotiations, special commodity market rates etc.
- Feedback market information and give clear information to sales coordination regarding pricing requirements to enable future communications with TM and handover to customer service.
- Coordinating credit applications in coordination with Sales Management and Finance
- Completing weekly activity reports to be tabled and discussed during weekly 1on1 with line manager
- Any other Sales related tasks as requested by the Management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Communication Skills
- Active knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
- Active knowledge of sales techniques
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial role, preferably in the maritime sector
- Active knowledge of English “maritime” language
- Active knowledge of MS Office
Core Competencies Personality
- Assertive negotiator
- Team player with a proactive attitude
- Result Driven
- Ability to communication and collaboration
- Ability to work under pressure, goal and deadline driven
- Knowing your own strengths and weaknesses and capacity for self-criticism
Conceptional and entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Acknowledge signals
- Multi-dimensional thinking
- Courage to make decisions and accepting responsibility
Positive image to customers and colleagues to
- Capacity to support and inspire
- Open and honest attitude
Interested? You can expect a responsible position in a worldwide operating company. Please send your complete application documents via email to the contact person indicated here, specifying your earliest possible starting date and your salary requirement.
The handling of your application requires the processing of personal data relating to you. Information is processed by dedicated HR staff members and Hapag-Lloyd management staff participating in the selection procedure of the position you applied for. In case you are applying for a position which is based with another company of the Hapag-Lloyd Group outside your country of origin, please be aware that the country to which data are transferred may not have the same data-protection standards as the country in which you initially provided the information. Within the Hapag-Lloyd Group, data is strictly protected in full compliance with internal Hapag-Lloyd policies and legal obligations. We will not transfer data to third parties outside the Hapag-Lloyd Group, and we will use data only for the selection of the candidate for the position mentioned above. You always have the right to request more detailed information about the data processed relating to you; you may alternatively ask for access to these data, and you may request that inaccurate data is deleted or rectified.You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. The data in question will be deleted immediately. In this case, please send your withdrawal, stating your full name, the job offer to which you have applied, and your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of deleting data relating to you, Hapag-Lloyd may be admonished to block such data, but solely in the cases provided by law. Please also note that we are unable to continue handling your application in the event of withdrawal or revocation. For more information you may consult the Privacy Terms on the Hapag-Lloyd website or contact our Corporate Data Protection office at email@example.com